who is this phone targeted to?

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
it doesnt look like they are going after the corporate market right now. maybe we will learn that it can do MS office (and why couldnt it if the phone comes with the full OS?)

who else can afford the $600? nano users who want to upgrade and also get a phone?

If you have a video ipod, will you "upgrade" to the iphone? giving up disk space for screen size? I think I would. My 680 is my video player.

Are apple and cingular going after the same market that the 680 is going after? users who have a regular phone now, but want more functions than they have now? would these ppl think $300 more is worth it?

i'm really trying to understand the market for this is. $600 being a big hurdle for most ppl..

btw, just in case you didnt read it somewhere else. cisco looks like they will license the name to apple. was it really that important? Im using iFone was available.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
it doesnt look like they are going after the corporate market right now. maybe we will learn that it can do MS office (and why couldnt it if the phone comes with the full OS?)
I would like to encourage you to read this post of mine from almost 2 years ago. It talks about Apple's acquisition of a company that is most appropriate to this very issue of document compatibility you bring up.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=77806

who else can afford the $600? nano users who want to upgrade and also get a phone?
The Treo 650 was $650 when it was released. That is more than Apple's phone. Say... don't YOU have a Treo 650?

If you have a video ipod, will you "upgrade" to the iphone? giving up disk space for screen size? I think I would. My 680 is my video player.[/QUOTE]It seems to me that the iPod with video will remain a different category in Apple's line-up. This will be evidenced in the future.

Are apple and cingular going after the same market that the 680 is going after? users who have a regular phone now, but want more functions than they have now? would these ppl think $300 more is worth it?
Steve has pretty much verified that he Apple is after the Treo 680 customers in his interviews today, from what I have read.

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
I would like to encourage you to read this post of mine from almost 2 years ago. It talks about Apple's acquisition of a company that is most appropriate to this very issue of document compatibility you bring up.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=77806

If you have a video ipod, will you "upgrade" to the iphone? giving up disk space for screen size? I think I would. My 680 is my video player.
It seems to me that the iPod with video will remain a different category in Apple's line-up. This will be evidenced in the future.[/quote]

If Schema was part of the phone, why not mention it? I didnt see the key note yet, but from what I have read (even from you), this phone isnt for the corporate market.

I would pay $600 for this iPhone, but not with a 2 year contract.

The Treo 650 was $650 when it was released. That is more than Apple's phone. Say... don't YOU have a Treo 650?

I have 2 and I didnt pay $650 for either. and neither was subsidized by a carrier. I believe it was $400 when you signed a contract.

I now use a 680 that again, I didnt get through a carrier or signed a contract.

Steve has pretty much verified that he Apple is after the Treo 680 customers in his interviews today, from what I have read.

is $600 for a phone too much for these users?

Time will tell.