iPhone 3GS restrictions

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I have a iPhone 3GS that I bought for my daughter ( she's 4 ) I know pathetic lol but I had to do something to get my iPad back lol
It's on 4.3.3 jail broke only reason why is because when I got it I used the phone restore setting function and did not know it would go back to the activation screen and I didn't have a att sim. Any who I have it setup for her in settings with restrictions turned on for installing deleting safari etc. She just plays games and uses Netflix lol so my question is does anyone know of an app to put a password or something to make the settings icon inaccessible except unless you want to get to it ... Ie me . I have cydia installed as well if there's app out there to do that. :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely Cydia apps available...not sure of 4.3.3 compatibility but you could check out FolderLock, Lockdown, Locktopus, etc. I'm sure Google can suggest some others.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend lockdown. And obviously make sure you lockdown cydia as well. But you never know these little crumb snatchers are smart these days, she'll take it to school and one of her 4-5 year old classmates will figure out a way to get around it. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My sister's son is like an iPhone wiz and they did a two step process, lockdown was the first step to eliminate access, but then she hid it within a folder with a bunch of stuff he never used (stock weather app, stocks, etc)...and it seemed to work because he wasn't even really concerned with looking for it, the modern day ADD kicked in and since it wasn't readily in his face, he went onto other things on the phone. :D

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My sister's son is like an iPhone wiz and they did a two step process, lockdown was the first step to eliminate access, but then she hid it within a folder with a bunch of stuff he never used (stock weather app, stocks, etc)...and it seemed to work because he wasn't even really concerned with looking for it, the modern day ADD kicked in and since it wasn't readily in his face, he went onto other things on the phone. :D

Ya I just set up restriction to lock down what I could like installs deleting in app purchases etc then put in a folder and moved that folder to the farthest page away sees to work although sometimes she does figure out how to change her wallpaper lol crazy for a 4 year old lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2