Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,743 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default iPhone 3GS restrictions

Okay so I have a iPhone 3GS that I bought for my daughter ( she's 4 ) I know pathetic lol but I had to do something to get my iPad back lol
    It's on 4.3.3 jail broke only reason why is because when I got it I used the phone restore setting function and did not know it would go back to the activation screen and I didn't have a att sim. Any who I have it setup for her in settings with restrictions turned on for installing deleting safari etc. She just plays games and uses Netflix lol so my question is does anyone know of an app to put a password or something to make the settings icon inaccessible except unless you want to get to it ... Ie me . I have cydia installed as well if there's app out there to do that.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

There are definitely Cydia apps available...not sure of 4.3.3 compatibility but you could check out FolderLock, Lockdown, Locktopus, etc. I'm sure Google can suggest some others.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

I'd recommend lockdown. And obviously make sure you lockdown cydia as well. But you never know these little crumb snatchers are smart these days, she'll take it to school and one of her 4-5 year old classmates will figure out a way to get around it.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,743 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I know she memorized my password on my iPad so the lock screen didn't stop her for even a min lol
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

oh ok now i have the diffrnce..thank you for this information.......................
    iPhone Newbie

thanx for sharing such post ...........
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,984 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

My sister's son is like an iPhone wiz and they did a two step process, lockdown was the first step to eliminate access, but then she hid it within a folder with a bunch of stuff he never used (stock weather app, stocks, etc)...and it seemed to work because he wasn't even really concerned with looking for it, the modern day ADD kicked in and since it wasn't readily in his face, he went onto other things on the phone.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,743 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    My sister's son is like an iPhone wiz and they did a two step process, lockdown was the first step to eliminate access, but then she hid it within a folder with a bunch of stuff he never used (stock weather app, stocks, etc)...and it seemed to work because he wasn't even really concerned with looking for it, the modern day ADD kicked in and since it wasn't readily in his face, he went onto other things on the phone.
    Ya I just set up restriction to lock down what I could like installs deleting in app purchases etc then put in a folder and moved that folder to the farthest page away sees to work although sometimes she does figure out how to change her wallpaper lol crazy for a 4 year old lol
    iPhone Newbie

Yeah I recently just dealt with this :/