Problem with iphone 3GS video

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone 3GS and am having issues watching videos that I ripped from DVD from my MacBook. I have used handbrake and islysoft Media Converter to convert dvd to mp4s for my ipod touch for a while and never had a problem. However, when I rip a dvd and install it on my iphone 3GS, it is all distorted and there are green blocks and the audio is messed up when I play it on the iphone. Any ideas? My ipod touch was not 3.0 (I think 2.2.1) so I am not sure if it is my computer (I don?t think so cause nothing has really changed since I last put it on my ipod touch), the actual iphone hardware itself or new OS 3.0 compatibility problems. Any ideas? Has anyone else had issues?

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I've been using DVDFab for a while. Worked fine on my first gen iphone and still works fine on my 3Gs judging from the DVD I converted last night. As expected no changes in settings were needed between the two.

Steve

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I am on a Mac and it looks like DVDFab is for windows. I hope this is not a hardware problem - I finally have my iphone set up exactly how I want it and I would have to reload all of my music back on. Anyone else have any suggestions? It doesn't seem like anything should have changed since the 3GS came out so it should work....very frustrating.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
All I know is that I didn't change the settings at all from when I would put it on my ipod touch to when I tried with the iphone 3GS. Didn't think they would change any codec requirements but wasn't sure. Do you think it could be a hardware related issue?

keenlady

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Noticed the same problem with the neon green and strange distortion on my iPhone 3gs. Took it to the Apple store today where they gave me a new phone and the problem is still there when I play vids. The same vids worked on my original iPhone and they work fine on iTunes. Wondering if it has to do w/ the new 3.0 OS. Hoping someone finds a solution but I'm not seeing anything else about this type of issue on any other forums.

MasterDiver69

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Same Problem with iPhone 3GS Video

I have the same problem with my iPhone 3GS. I can hear the audio, but the video is frozen in place. Also, there is a neon green bar in the lower right-hand portion of the screen. I wonder if this is a problem with the new 3.0 firmware. I contacted the company that made the converter that I'm using to see if they understand what is causing the problem and/or know how to fix it. (I'm using Wondershare DVD to iPhone Converter). I called Apple, but they have no idea as to what is going on. A complete restore does not solve anything.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I thought iTunes converted the video to H264. If not, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe wait for 3.1?

yort9

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I also use Wondershare and I have tried multiple formats to see if sizing makes a difference and no luck all new videos have the green screen and if I exit and re-enter the video it loads a single screen clearly but it is frozen on that screen. I continue to have no issue with video on my old ipod touch which I did not update the OS. Hope they get this fixed since this was one of the big reasons I finally switched to ATT since I figured the 32 gb was finally worth carrying a single device.

MasterDiver69

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I found out the problem. It's because the latest iphone firmwire doesn't support xvid. mp4 very well. And our previously converted files are already in that format. You can try to reconvert the our prior mp4's to the latest 3gs supported format by using the video converter tool. However, you might still have to re-rip the DVD for the new format.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2