iPhone 3g included USB cable tearing

Does your included iPhone 3g USB cable look like it's coming apart? (see picture)

• Yeah, WTF!

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 55.1%

• Total voters

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I hadn't really ever looked that closely I guess, but I noticed mine had a slight tear in it and i've only been using it for about 3 months. My friend's on the other hand, who has had a iPhone for about a year now, is completely fine.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Mine was fine until I looked at it last night. There was a very small tear starting to happen near the phone end. I'm trying to be careful now. They should replace the cable if it tears like the pictures!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Well me and another friend both have the same issue with the USB cable that was included with iPhone 3g (see attached image).

Apple said they would not return it b/c it looks like user damage...but the fact that none of my other 3 or 4 USB iCables have this issue and 2 different iPhone 3g cables have the same exact issue I would disagree with apple on this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue on the iPhone 3g cable?

Justin... It is "My friend and I"

:D Just kidding.

My cable has been fine so far. Maybe its from winding it up a lot?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been through my third cable. The older ones were much better built.

What burns the most is the fact that apple hasn't addressed it and are giving people a hard time in the stores.

I hope they redesign the cable this year.

They also had problems with the new wall chargers.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me twice.
All you have to do is call Apple. They will send you a new one without even requiring it to be sent in!! They do the same for headphones and the power adapter.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
The cables are tearing because I bet you all are pulling the USB plug or the other end out of the computer or the iPhone by the cord. Don't pull it out by the cord but by the head.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The cables are tearing because I bet you all are pulling the USB plug or the other end out of the computer or the iPhone by the cord. Don't pull it out by the cord but by the head.

Like I said earlier in this thread I've had many different iPod cables and the only one I've had a problem with is the iPhone 3G one. Plus the replacement I got from Apple is working just fine now.

foosbar

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I see lots of people with the same problem, searching Google and Twitter. Apple's sync cable just seems to be very flimsy.

Found a company making an extra-strong sync cable, duraSync from CableJive. Has anyone tried this, seems like it would last a lot longer.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
My USB cable is seperating at the USB end as well. Its gotta be a mfg. defect, because it looks like the cable wasnt secured in its strain relief, and it seems odd that so many people have the exact same issue!!!

ricKKyblacKK

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with my wall charger. I thought it was due to hanging the phone off my bed a few feet from the wall which extended the cord to it's full capacity. I assumed it developed due to constant pulling and tugging with minimal slack in cord.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2