Debate- New Iphone 3g

Shu

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
Hello all

I am in the market for a new phone and of course 3g has my eye. Im current with sprint with a good plan/price (no contract) I want to keep. Problem is my current sprint phone has had it. I called sprint and asked if I can activate a iphone for service and they said no however their twin Nextel can activate the phone as it has a sim chip. My question is, could I buy the 3g phone and use it with nextel and does this require me to unlock the 3g? Can the 3g be unlocked and used on Nextel? If anyone has any experience or info on this please provide.

Thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Simple answer is no. Not possible. Who ever told you it was possible has no clue as to what they are talking about.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Nextel phones do have sim cards, but they are only used to store user data. It does not function the same as a GSM sim card.

Bad Ash is right, no way can you use iPhone 3G on Nextel, Sprint, or Verizon. Whoever tells you it will work is really smoking something.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
No can do. Nextel runs on the IDEN network and ATT is GSM. As former Nextel user the idea would be nice especially with Nextels anemic phone offerings. The ability to twoway or direct connect with iPhone would be awesome. Nevertheless it's like hoping that my SUV will get 100 MPG.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
No can do. Nextel runs on the IDEN network and ATT is GSM. As former Nextel user the idea would be nice especially with Nextels anemic phone offerings. The ability to twoway or direct connect with iPhone would be awesome. Nevertheless it's like hoping that my SUV will get 100 MPG.

We will see multi-net devices long before we see converged networks. Few remember it now but the Internet was not always flat. Many of us had lists of tens of network to network gateways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1