Should I sell my iPad because of a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future???

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
The last week I am thinking of selling my iPad Air 2 which I just bought only about 2/3 months ago and I definitely enjoy using my iPad all the time and the iPad Air 2 is my main computer and replaced/ditched my laptop and I think iPad is the best tablet out there ahead of Microsoft with there Surface pro series tablets and high end Android tablets from Samsung and Google. :) :)

I know this is very stupid and very silly reason to sell my iPad but due to reports recently that the tablet market(including the iPad) in general is dying(because of the sales is down) and the interest and usage of using tablets like the iPad is going down because people are using there phablets and going back to there laptops or using a Windows 2/1 hybrid instead of a tablet like the iPad and a Android tablet so that's means one thing that in the future there is a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future.

So I am thinking of selling my iPad Air 2 because of that and get a Windows 2/1 hybrid instead but I don't really want use a Windows 2/1 hybrid tablet because they are bigger and more heavy and the OS Windows definitely is not touch friendly, there is not many apps that are touch friendly and required a mouse to navigate properly and Windows 2/1 hybrid tablets make not so good as tablets compared to the iPad and Android tablets.

And one more thing that the Windows 2/1 hybrids tablets even the high end ones like the Surface Pro 4, HP Spectre x2, Acer Aspire Switch 11 lots more that they definitely don't have not as great battery life compared to the legendary 10 hour battery life of the iPad.

They only average only about 3/5 hours of screen time on a full charge which makes Windows 2/1 hybrids tablets definitely not ideal for if you are traveling or on the road for long periods of time, So the iPad is definitely 100% superior in that regard as well! :)

With all that being said I definitely don't want the tablet market to be ignored in the future just like the netbook market couple years ago and I just love tablets(I don't like laptops) especially with a touch friendly OS like IOS on the iPad!! :)

And the thought of the tablet market maybe being ignored in the future makes me sad!! :( :(

So iPad users, Should I sell my iPad because of a big possibility of the tablet market ignored in the future??? And do you think the tablet market will be ignored/dead in the future because of phablets and Windows 2/1 hybrids?? And what is the future of tablets??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would you sell your iPad Air 2 because of reports of alleged diminished use? That's straight up silly, in my opinion. If you enjoy using it, keep it and use it. A good deal of people put protective casings and screen protectors on their devices, but I don't. Protecting their devices is their business, and not protecting mine is my business. Your iPad Air is your primary computing tool that's "your" business so don't go selling it due to reports of what others are allegedly doing or not doing.

peraman77

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Keep the ipad, if it has served you well. There is lots to do with one. I personally love mine. When i'm on the road i don't miss my Mac.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're getting what you need from it (which seems like you are), why sell? I don't see the tablet going anywhere.

drojas4

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I remember the days when there were 7 cell phone stores in one mall, once every one purchased a cell phone, years later now we have only 1 cell phone store in the mall. Same goes for tablets if the device works there is no need to replace it, so manufacturers claim the market is down,yes in sales but not because people stopped using there tablets or cell phones.
I myself only upgrade when the upgrade is worth the money.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I remember the days when there were 7 cell phone stores in one mall, once every one purchased a cell phone, years later now we have only 1 cell phone store in the mall. Same goes for tablets if the device works there is no need to replace it, so manufacturers claim the market is down,yes in sales but not because people stopped using there tablets or cell phones.
I myself only upgrade when the upgrade is worth the money.

We still have 4 or 5 like always.

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Seems a bit extreme if you ask me. If you have use for the iPad keep using it sod what other people are assuming will happen in the future!

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
The iPad is most certainly not dying. The media is exaggerating the sales numbers out of context to get you to read their stories. The following article gives a much more accurate perspective:

http://ipad.about.com/od/Blog/fl/Is-the-iPad-Still-Popular.htm

In part, it notes:

"Compared to all PC shipments, the 10.25 million iPads sold [in the first quarter of 2016] would make it the third most popular PC in the world. Lenovo took first prize in the first quarter of the year with around 12.5 million computers sold and HP was second with 11.4 million.

And this combines all desktop PCs and laptops that HP and Lenevo sold. Coming in just below the iPad was Dell with 9.1 million and then Asus with 4.7 million."

So the iPad is the third most popular PC in the world, and sales will increase as all those old iPad 2's out there are replaced in the years to come.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2