• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPad Air 32GB or iPad Mini Retina 64GB

shlozz

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having some problems deciding which one to get - they're the same price ($599) but I don't know whether I want a bigger one with less storage or a smaller one with more storage (I'm a university student, probably would use it for reading documents). Ideas? I'd really appreciate any help :)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I would personally go with the air. That extra screen real estate will be useful in college imo. Get a couple cloud services like google drive and Dropbox and storage space should not be a big concern.

Sent from my HTC One Mate... I mean M8

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would personally go with the air. That extra screen real estate will be useful in college imo. Get a couple cloud services like google drive and Dropbox and storage space should not be a big concern.

Sent from my HTC One Mate... I mean M8

I like this, but if you plan on keeping things stored locally on the device, a 64 GB would be good, but if you plan on using lots of cloud storage, the Air is the way to go.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would also vote for the Air just because it is my preference. But to double up the storage on the Mini is awesome. That's a tough call. I think that I would still go with the Air though.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Go for the Air. A cloud storage solution pretty much fixes any lack of onboard storage. I have 128GB of storage on OneDrive so I don't fret about the 16GB on my iPad.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Why the air without a doubt everyone? I use a mini for university work and the form factor is much more comfortable for reading than the air I used before it.

Go for the mini. Save yourself some money and opt for the 32gb, too. It will still hold a few decent size games, some music, videos and your textbooks will take up a small amount of space. I'm happy with mine for the same uses...

DiddyMU

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I would hold on for the new iPads which will likely be out soon. With any luck Apple will do the same thing with memory as they did with the iPhone and the 64GB model will sell for the sane price as the current 32GB model sells for. You can but hope.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Easily get the mini. When using my fianc?s iPad air I've neverreally noticed the benefit in having a screen that is only 2 inches bigger but when using my iPad mini I appreciate the smaller footprint every single time I hold the device, take it anywhere, or just use it in general.

I mean compared to a laptop the iPad air is still pretty small so what's another 2 inches smaller when the portability and ease-of-use factor is so much better?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok