No new iPad mini šŸ˜¢

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It seems that Apple didnā€™t update the iPad mini or lower its price today.

Considering that the iPad Air is priced at $799 before taxes with the M2 processor, and the iPad at $499, it seems to make no sense to have a smaller iPad mini at $679.

And I was looking at the mini to replace my aging iPad Air 2019.

IMG_0844.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
They haven't updated yet. My guess is that Apple is comfortable with the performance and price of the mini right now and will likely update it again when they update the standard iPad.

As for making sense, I know many people for whom the mini is the preferable size, and they wouldn't really even notice a performance increase. My wife and her mom use a mini (the old Touch ID version), and my mom did as well. A standard iPad they feel is too big. (I went big iPad to iPad mini to iPad Air myself; the mini was just too small for me.)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
They haven't updated yet. My guess is that Apple is comfortable with the performance and price of the mini right now and will likely update it again when they update the standard iPad.

As for making sense, I know many people for whom the mini is the preferable size, and they wouldn't really even notice a performance increase. My wife and her mom use a mini (the old Touch ID version), and my mom did as well. A standard iPad they feel is too big. (I went big iPad to iPad mini to iPad Air myself; the mini was just too small for me.)
Thatā€™s the thing. I find my 2019 iPad Air too big, and the Mini would be the perfect replacement (a Mini with Air SoC). It hasnā€™t seen a refresh since 2021; even the iPad was refreshed more recently - in 2022.

At the minimum, I would have expected them to reduce the price the same way they did with the iPad. But it didnā€™t even get a mention on ā€œstageā€.

At least, it was going to be a H2 2024 purchase, so they might refresh it by then. But Iā€™m getting the feeling that they are going to discontinue the Mini.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB