iPad Pro Smart Cover Keyboard Issue - Unresponsive/Buggy Keys. What can I do?

macbotlee

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
iPad Pro Smart Cover Keyboard Issue - Unresponsive/Buggy Keys

Hi all!

I got a problem and I am not sure if it is a localized problem with my iPad Pro's Smart Keyboard cover or could it be a more systematic issue.

I was using Pages on the Pro and my backspace/space and tab keys would double press when I only press it once.
When I typed the same text in Notes, I did not have that issue.
So intially I thought this would localized as a pages bug.

Then I was using safari, and I tried to command tab, and it did not work. In fact, sometimes my keyboard would freeze and not work at all.
I am starting to think that it is the Smart Connector that is faulty but it does not address the specific app issues i face with the keyboard

It gets very fustrating and I am unsure if this is an issue with my set or could it be an issue to the design of the cover.

Is anyone else facing issues with their Smart Keyboard Covers as well?
Or does anyone have a suggestion/solution to my problem?

Last edited:

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPad Pro Smart Cover Keyboard Issue - Unresponsive/Buggy Keys

Hi, I got my "Smart" keyboard yesterday and was disappointed to find that some of the "smart" functionality such as 'Auto- capitalisation ' and ' Auto-correct' were removed!!
I logged a case with Apple support and after over an hour on the phone they could not even agree whether this was a fault or a feature (one agent said that the keyboard did not offer this functionality!!).
Not very "smart" in my view😕

Rattso2005

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

I've experienced similar issues with the Logitech Create keyboard for iPad pro. I think Apple released a half baked product and it's software/firmware related. Really disappointing cosindering the price tag.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Does the auto-correct and auto-capitalization work with the Logitech keyboard?

reygza

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

I have the Smart Keyboard and have not experienced any of the issues you're having. It works as it should. I've been pleasantly surprised at all the keyboard shortcuts they implemented such as command+tab and command+spacebar.

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site

OK, I just tried an old logitech bluetooth keboard (not the Create) and I have the same problem - auto-correct / auto-caps not working.
So I tried it on my iPad AIR to see if it was an iPad Pro issue - it seems not, I got the same issues on the Air.
Am I the only one bothered by this ? I thought that the Auto-correct function was a pretty good tool when I am typing.
any thoughts ? (notice the keyboard didnt auto cap the start of this sentence, and didn't correct my didnt) 😉

rbiowa

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site

I find that at least once a day the space key or shift key will not work unless I restart my Pro.

sumaroo

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Logitech keyboard for the iPad Pro and there seems to be only one bug that I run into frequently. I prefer to keep my iPad in Airport Mode when I'm not using it. When I unlock the iPad, no touch screen functions work until I relock and re-unlock the iPad. The screen rotation is also locked until I re-unlock.

Tonight, before I relocked the iPad I tried holding down cmd and viola, I got the pop-up options menu; it had only two options: Search and Switch apps (cmd+tab). I tried cmd+tab and saw only Diagnostics and iCloud Drive. I selected Diagnostics and saw the error message that it wasn't able to connect (in Airport Mode).

The Logitec keyboard has worked fine for me, the problem that I'm seeing seems to be related to Airport Mode and Diagnostic uploads.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Today is my first day with my smart keyboard and iPad Pro and what I've noticed is that when I wake up the iPad with the smart keyboard and type in my passcode, there is pretty significant lag between the time my passcode is entered and the time the iPad actually unlocks. Does anyone else see that? I'm on iOS 9.2.

zeitlerdw

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site

Did you ever find a solution? I need to reboot now for the same reason. Can't type space or 'H' without using the sHift key.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Did you ever find a solution? I need to reboot now for the same reason. Can't type space or 'H' without using the sHift key.

I don't have the 12.9" iPad Pro, but I've yet to experience any issues with the Apple Smart Keyboard for my 9.7" iPad Pro.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Every once in a while my Smart Keyboard becomes unresponsive. Disconnecting and reconnecting appears to fix it.

Robbie345nz

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
My 'smart keyboard' for my iPad Pro was acting up...and I lost the use of the H key and space bar ....I did a hard restart on my iPad Pro (hold down home key and power key - like taking a screen shot - but hold both keys for at least 5 secs and the iPad shuts down) and when it restarted ...all the keys are working OK .... I'm using it to type this reply .... cheers:yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2