IPad Started Rejecting Cables

gkendall43

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the same MFI certified cables since I got my 9.7" pro. All of the sudden today my iPad refuses to charge because it thinks they may not be authentic. So far I have found 2 that quit working and one that still works. Any idea what could have happened?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Do they work on any other of your iOS devices? You could try cleaning the Lightning port with a toothpick or plastic floss tool. Buffing the Lighting connectors on the suspect cables might help.

And maybe a hard restart for the iPP?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the same MFI certified cables since I got my 9.7" pro. All of the sudden today my iPad refuses to charge because it thinks they may not be authentic. So far I have found 2 that quit working and one that still works. Any idea what could have happened?

Are you getting a message on your IPP saying the cables may not be authentic? I know my Apple cable won't charge my IPP if I connect it to my laptop but will if I use the AC adapter.

gkendall43

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok this is really weird. It seems to be a combination of the charging source and the device. My iPhone 6s will charge with all 3 cables on my computer, my 10W Apple charger and my 12W Apple charger. With all 3 cables the computer and the 12W charger will not charge my IPad Pro 9.7 anymore. The 10W Apple charger that came with the iPad is now the only one that will charge the iPad with all 3 cables. When I try the 12W charger with the iPad, the first time I try a cable it says it may not be authentic and after that it says nothing. The same cables still work fine with the 10W charger. I guess I'll try buying another Apple 10W charger. These other chargers used to work and still work fine with my iPhone. Any clue what is going on? I'm wondering if the chargers that don't work are not able to supply enough current for the iPad anymore but can for the iPhone.

Last edited:

gkendall43

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought a new 12W charger directly from Apple so I knew it was authentic and it works fine so I think the conclusion is that the old 12W charger was going bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2