Can I get my verizon text messages on my mini

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app for that ....

I find myself constantly putting down my mini to answer texts on my phone.

Is there anyway I can get my texts forwarded to my mini wifi ?

Would it make a difference if i had a LTE model ?

I have a i5 if that matters.

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned ON iMessages? Go to Settings-Messages and then turn it ON and then login with your Apple ID. Afterwards, scroll down to "Send & Receive", select it and make sure that the iPhone number and other Apple IDs, if applicable, are also listed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon text messages - no... iMessages, yes - if you set up iMessage on the Mini with Your AppleID and associate your phone number with iMessage on the Mini.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've done this but I was hoping I could associate my verizon number or forward it somehow.

You would think this would be possible.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've done this but I was hoping I could associate my verizon number or forward it somehow.

You would think this would be possible.

If you followed the above instructions, your iPhone's phone number should associate with your Wi-Fi Only iPad. Try rebooting the iPad.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you followed the above instructions, your iPhone's phone number should associate with your Wi-Fi Only iPad. Try rebooting the iPad.

That is true, but the only messages that you can receive on your iPad are those from other iDevices - through iMessage... text messages sent to your phone number from non-iOS devices won’t get to your iPad.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is true, but the only messages that you can receive on your iPad are those from other iDevices - through iMessage... text messages sent to your phone number from non-iOS devices won?t get to your iPad.

You're so right, my friend. Even though he didn't specifically mention iMessages, I assumed that is what he was referring to. I need to stop doing that. Thank you for the follow-up, Fausty82...:D

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app for that ....

I find myself constantly putting down my mini to answer texts on my phone.

Is there anyway I can get my texts forwarded to my mini wifi ?

Would it make a difference if i had a LTE model ?

I have a i5 if that matters.

Thanks.

When there's a jailbreak available you could try WifiSMS. I used it until I upgraded to iOS 6 and can't wait for a jailbreak for the 4S and 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2