Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Any theories as to whether the iPad mini 4 will be supported beyond iOS 10?

Does anyone have thoughts or theories as to whether the iPad mini 4 will be supported beyond iOS 10? I ask because I'm dropping mine from my mobile carrier, and have the opportunity to do a pretty even swap from my current 64GB wifi+ cellular, to a 128gb wifi only model. But I'd hate to do that and find out the mini 4 won't be upgradable to iOS 11.

Default Re: Any theories as to whether the iPad mini 4 will be supported beyond iOS 10?

More than likely, yes, in my opinion.
    scruffypig likes this.

Default Re: Any theories as to whether the iPad mini 4 will be supported beyond iOS 10?

Well, if the iPhone 4S can rock iOS 9.3.5, yep!
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

I ended up going with the 128gb iPad Air 2, using my trade in money from the mini 4. Heck of a deal. Doubled my storage and increased my processing power for under $200 out of pocket. Just a tad disappointed in the drop in detail on the larger screen, and the vibration that shakes the whole device when playing music or videos. Otherwise, solid device.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Mostly the mini 2 will not be supported, can't say about the mini 3 but the mini 4 will definitely be.
    iMore Pro

Default Any theories as to whether the iPad mini 4 will be supported beyond iOS 10?

Quote Originally Posted by darius_robin View Post
    Mostly the mini 2 will not be supported, can't say about the mini 3 but the mini 4 will definitely be.
    The iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3 are mostly identical with same RAM and A7 processor. The iPad Mini 3 added the Touch ID sensor. The iPad Mini 2 is still being sold by Apple, "iPad Mini Retina". The iPad Mini 2 still beats the iPad Mini 3 in benchmarks.