Should I swap my 128gb to a 256gb iPad?

Sally Washington

May 15, 2020
Visit site
I recently bought the iPad pro 2020 version with 128gb of storage. I'm a uni student planning to become a teacher and was wondering whether 128gb is enough storage. I currently have used up 21gb. I mainly use it for Goodnotes and uploading pdfs onto it. Will probably end up storing textbooks and other resources on it as well (not really videos too much though). Time to time, I will audio record a lecture. Also, I do have 2T icloud storage and 1TB one drive storage. I use my MacBook to do my assignments btw.

Long story short, I have a week to decide whether or not to upgrade to the 256gb iPad, but not sure if this is a waste if i'm mainly going to be taking it for notes... what are your thoughts? :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If money is not tight, go for the 256, otherwise 128 should be enough for your use case.

Last edited:

JNM

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I find that I use FAR less storage on my iPads than on my iPhones. I take a silly amount of photos both personally but moreso for work, and on my 11 Pro Max I’ve used just over half of the 512GBs of storage. However, on my iPad Pro 2020 I have 190GB out of 256 still remaining. Yes, I just got it tow months ago, but it was restored from a backup and I use it nonstop as my go-to computer. I do not download movies, no need, and I certain don’t use a 12.9” iPad to take photos so the storage really will never be an issue.

Most people can easily get away with 128GB on their iPads.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought the iPad pro 2020 version with 128gb of storage. I'm a uni student planning to become a teacher and was wondering whether 128gb is enough storage. I currently have used up 21gb. I mainly use it for Goodnotes and uploading pdfs onto it. Will probably end up storing textbooks and other resources on it as well (not really videos too much though). Time to time, I will audio record a lecture. Also, I do have 2T icloud storage and 1TB one drive storage. I use my MacBook to do my assignments btw.

Long story short, I have a week to decide whether or not to upgrade to the 256gb iPad, but not sure if this is a waste if i'm mainly going to be taking it for notes... what are your thoughts? :)

If you’re primarily going to be using it for notes then I would keep what you currently have. Besides, you could always take advantage of cloud services like iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, etcetera, if you end up needing to offload your notes. It’s also good to have a backup of them saved somewhere not on the device, just in case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77