Sync problem with windows phone

Gary Berns

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
This has me stumped.

Had account at tampabay.rr.com. Had ipad and set up account in mail calendar, etc.
Calendar synced from phone to ipad but not reverse.

Left rr and set up account at verizon.net. Calendar continued to sync even though original email account closed.

Bought iPad mini. Not all settings came over and calendar no longer syncs.

Calendar still with Microsoft with old address as user name. I can not figure out how to set this up on ipad so to regain sync.

Thanks for any ideas.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This has me stumped.

Had account at tampabay.rr.com. Had ipad and set up account in mail calendar, etc.
Calendar synced from phone to ipad but not reverse.

Left rr and set up account at verizon.net. Calendar continued to sync even though original email account closed.

Bought iPad mini. Not all settings came over and calendar no longer syncs.

Calendar still with Microsoft with old address as user name. I can not figure out how to set this up on ipad so to regain sync.

Thanks for any ideas.

Have you considered getting an Outlook account and forwarding your mail and calendar through Outlook?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have always had issues with verizon and comcast email. Sorry can't help too much that's one of the reasons I use outlook and iCloud.

Gary Berns

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an outlook account. How do I set it to do this? It is an outlook.com account, not an outlook exchange account. Do not have access to Outlook itself.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I would set up Google services, in my experience they are the easiest to sync cross platforms and devices without having to jump through hoops. Back in my Windows Mobile days, it was easier to get a clean sync to Google Calendar than to Hotmail.com calendar. MS Active Sync couldn't reliably handle syncing to their own services. Last I checked, Outlook.com calendar was still behind Google calendar. You don't have to put all eggs in one basket either, just use whatever services work best for a given task. I am using Google Calendar, Email and Contacts, Toodledo tasks, and Evernote notes, and Pocket Informant on the iPad nicely combines data from all sources.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4