Sync problem with windows phone
This has me stumped.
Had account at tampabay.rr.com. Had ipad and set up account in mail calendar, etc.
Calendar synced from phone to ipad but not reverse.
Left rr and set up account at verizon.net. Calendar continued to sync even though original email account closed.
Bought iPad mini. Not all settings came over and calendar no longer syncs.
Calendar still with Microsoft with old address as user name. I can not figure out how to set this up on ipad so to regain sync.
Thanks for any ideas.
- 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM #2
- 08-17-2014, 04:17 PM #3
- 08-19-2014, 01:12 PM #5
Re: Sync problem with windows phone
I would set up Google services, in my experience they are the easiest to sync cross platforms and devices without having to jump through hoops. Back in my Windows Mobile days, it was easier to get a clean sync to Google Calendar than to Hotmail.com calendar. MS Active Sync couldn't reliably handle syncing to their own services. Last I checked, Outlook.com calendar was still behind Google calendar. You don't have to put all eggs in one basket either, just use whatever services work best for a given task. I am using Google Calendar, Email and Contacts, Toodledo tasks, and Evernote notes, and Pocket Informant on the iPad nicely combines data from all sources.
- By A895 in forum iOSReplies: 12Last Post: 08-19-2014, 07:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-19-2014, 06:09 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
- By A895 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2014, 08:02 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 04:48 AM