iPad 3 stuck in recovery mode

misspaperwait

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have an iPad 3 and it was working wonderfully until 2 days ago when I decided it was time to finally update my decrepit 5.1.1 firmware! I was perfectly happy with the old firmware except that none of the companion apps for any of my new ps4 games were comparable with it but I figured Evasi0n had a jailbreak available for the new firmware now so what the heck! I attempted the update OTA not realizing that would be an issue with a jailbroken device, it downloaded the update fine and then requested I plug in my machine with it installed said update onto it so I did, it seemed to be going great until it rebooted and came up asking to be plugged into iTunes. I plugged it in and iTunes informed me it detected an iPad in recovery mode, after hours of searching for a solution I accepted the fact I would need to restore and would be loosing all my pictures and apps but when I tried to restore it I got a series of errors starting with a 3492 I think it was. I tried changing computers, cords, USB ports and nothing was working, I tried to do it on my oldest brothers fresh new computer and it seemed to be working until it came up with a different error and claimed the network had timed out and to try again later. I brought it out to my room and plugged it into my iMac and attempted the restore and still no joy, I downloaded the most recent ipsw file for my generation of iPad and tried restoring it using that but was told that "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored, it is not eligible for requested build" error.

It's been like this for 3 days now and I can't figure out how to fix it!! I've followed tutorials and edited the host file for iTunes and I've been scrambling all over the internet looking for a solution and thus far I can't seem to find one. At this point I just want to be able to restore my iPad back to a fresh and functioning state and move on. Any suggestions on how to do this???

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Put the device in DFU mode and click restore in iTunes. iTunes will download the latest version of iOS and you will be all set. There are plenty of videos on YouTube on this and there is a guide about this in the How-To section. Check it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2