iPad is bricked/dead

• Thread starter Deleted member 353187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 353187

Has iOS 7.

As I pinched out of Facebook it bricked halfway through the pinch. Nothing. Not even Siri works. I am still paying for this overpriced heap. Why can't it do the things I want it to do.

If you want to see a picture I will post a link to Crackberry as I taken a photo with my Blackberry z10 and I currently don't have an iMore app on BB10.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to get to your home screens? Are you able to do other things other than Facebook and Siri with your iPad? If so, it is not bricked. If you can't do anything with it, then a restore may be the only way to remedy the situation. Hopefully, you've made a recent backup of your device. If not, you're SOL after the restore. Anyway, to restore your device, follow the instructions belowL

1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes (v11.1) for your computer.
2. Put your iPad in DFU Mode and then connect it to your computer via USB.
3. When iTunes recognizes your iPad and state that it's detected in recovery mode, select "restore".
4. Afterwards, you will be prompted to set it up as new or restore from a backup. I recommend you set it up as new, but the choice is yours to make, unless, of course, you don't have any backups to restore. Anyway I hope this helps you out. Take care...;)

D

Deleted member 353187

Are you able to get to your home screens? Are you able to do other things other than Facebook and Siri with your iPad? If so, it is not bricked. If you can't do anything with it, then a restore may be the only way to remedy the situation. Hopefully, you've made a recent backup of your device. If not, you're SOL after the restore. Anyway, to restore your device, follow the instructions belowL

1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes (v11.1) for your computer.
2. Put your iPad in DFU Mode and then connect it to your computer via USB.
3. When iTunes recognizes your iPad and state that it's detected in recovery mode, select "restore".
4. Afterwards, you will be prompted to set it up as new or restore from a backup. I recommend you set it up as new, but the choice is yours to make, unless, of course, you don't have any backups to restore. Anyway I hope this helps you out. Take care...;)

Thank you, sounds like I have to lose everything. So much effort. I have only just installed 10.2 on my Blackberry. :|

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77