Process for SquareTrade insurance?
When I purchased my iPad 3 in March I also decided to get a SquareTrade warranty to cover accidents and any issues after the 1 year Apple warranty. With the iPad 4 hitting the stores soon I was wondering if anyone has any experience with handling a ST claim? I am hoping that my iPad 3 might take a bath, I could go out to BestBuy (no Apple Store nearby) and purchase a 4, file the claim with ST and they would send me a check for the replacement cost. Is this how it works with them?
Or do they only honor out of pocket expenses from Apple Stores?
- 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM #2
Re: Process for SquareTrade insurance?
Generally you send them your broken product so that they get the opportunity to fix it. This also allows them the opportunity to see if you purposely damaged it, as you seem to be planning, which is insurance fraud and illegal in all 50 states (and most of the rest of the world).
- By rdiddy_25 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 63Last Post: 05-03-2011, 01:18 AM
- By andrewu750 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 19Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
- By leevava in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2010, 04:54 AM
- By mbonocore in forum iPhone 4Replies: 21Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
- By llarson in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 06-29-2007, 05:50 PM