Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default HELP iPad troubles

Hey guys, I have a problem with my ipad everytime I try to plug my ipad in my computer it wont charge and I had this screen protector put on a month ago and they used a wet application to apply it could that damage the port over time or should it happen right away

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I doubt it but anything's possible, I suppose. You mention that it won't charge via your computer so I'm assuming it will charge directly from the wall socket. If that's the case then try all of the other USB ports in your computer, if applicable. Also, if you have a laptop or another computer available, connect your iPad to them and see if any of them will charge it.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-07-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Global Posts
    4,004 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

The standard USB port on a computer is not enough juice to charge the iPad. Most Mac's have a higher output port. If it charges from the wallwart then you are fine.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Actually that is not true. The port can charge the iPad, but not while in use. So if the screen is on you will see that message but if you leave the screen off it will charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Actually that is not true. The port can charge the iPad, but not while in use. So if the screen is on you will see that message but if you leave the screen off it will charge.
    Depends on the tech specs of the laptop. Some will charge in use... some won't... some laptops may not charge at all if their USB ports don't get sufficient amps going thru them.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    Heisenberg (08-10-2012)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Depends on the tech specs of the laptop. Some will charge in use... some won't... some laptops may not charge at all if their USB ports don't get sufficient amps going thru them.
    This is 100% correct. Also if plugged into a Mac, the Mac will charge it. Windows it just depends on the specs of the computer.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

My PC will not charge my iPad, but it will charge my iPhone.

Most USB ports do not have enough power to charge an iPad.