Will Genius Bar Charge?

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Let me start by apologizing - this has nothing to do with the iPad, I just have NO idea where to post this question so I figured I'd post it here until it gets moved somewhere.

So I recently got a MacBook Air (Mid 2012) because I am giving my MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) to a friend of mine who is stuck with a barely working white plastic MacBook right now. I already transferred my data to my MacBook Air, but now I need to transfer her data into the MacBook Pro, but I really don't trust myself with other people's data. When I was buying my MacBook Air, I told the employee who was helping me my situation and he said to make an appointment at the Genius Bar and they'll take care of it for me.
This is something I'd like to do, but the question is - will they charge me for this?

Once again, sorry for posting this in the iPad section.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you trust yourself with other people's data? Is this person not a friend? Can you not have her present while you transfer her data over? I'm assuming the data is documents, photos and music and/or videos because if she has an iCloud, gmail, hotmail, yahoo or any other cloud based account, she can login to those accounts herself limiting you from seeing the data contained in those accounts. Know what I mean? As for whether or not you will be charged if you let an Apple genius do it for you, I don't know.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, your friend is getting a free MBP?perhaps they could afford whatever small fee there might be (if any)?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't think there will be a fee. I agree with Massie; if there was one she is going to come out way ahead anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost