How is speaker for everyone?

BuTbKa#IM

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed speaker on my new iPad not as loud as it was on iPad2. Actually difference is quite significant.
What you guys think?

acecommander

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Being 100% deaf in one ear and only having 80% in the other, this was a big issue with me before upgrading. Went to Best Buy yesterday and played with one for about 10 minutes before heading to the check out stand.

For me, the sound is about 35-40% louder, and at the same time, much clearer than the original Ipad I upgraded from.

As a side note, Best Buy Trade in Program was offering $225 for my Ipad 32G WiFi, and when I went through the checkout process, I actually got $260 for the trade-in. I was so happy that I added a new Apple TV to my order.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I rate the sound in the 3 better than either OG or 2. It's both louder and significantly clearer at least to my untrained ear.

benjimen

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
The new iPad speaker is >much< better than on my iPad 2. On the iPad, the media had to be very loud on it's own to be of much use at maximum volume. Not the case on the new iPad, even media with moderate volume levels can be heard clearly if the iPad is turned up all the way.

djdan

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I might be missing something. I haven't detected a difference yet. But maybe I'm missing something. I certainly did from the IPhone 4 to 4s.