LTE Data Plans

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I haven't been following this for a while since with my iPad 2 I went with the Wifi version and just tether to my iPhone. However, with LTE, I am thinking that maybe I want to use tethering some of the time but if I am going to be traveling much of the month, maybe switching to a data plan for a month.

Perhaps no one knows till Wednesday, but is there an LTE equivalent to the $15/25 monthly plan I had from AT&T on my iPad 1? That will make a big deal in my decision. I don't want a $45 2 GB LTE plan.... If so I'll just skip it.

kifac

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One device isnt going to change the price plan of LTE for an entire company.
As far as Rogers, LTE data plans for Rocket Sticks, Rocket Hubs and Tablets will remain the same and expensive :)

Your best bet ( if someone with Rogers living in Canada) is share your Data on your wireless device with your tablet.
Rogers smartphone data is LTE ready and all SIM cards are LTE now. So, if you have data already on your current plan (like i do 30$ for 6GB) i can just share my data with the ipad 3 (w.e its called) and have LTE data at no added cost :)

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Kifac,

As I said, I have AT&T in the States and used to use the $15/$25 month to month plans that are only available for the iPad. You can't even get them with an Android tablet.

I am afraid that AT&T and Verizon will see this as an opportunity to raise rates and change the iPad plans. They never miss an opportunity to raise rates.

Milenkod

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So far on AT&T, contract pricing is no different for LTE than 3G data. Same cost, same data caps. Assume non-contract pricing is going to be the same

MarkAllan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The only way I'm getting the LTE version is if Verizon comes out and says you can finally share data plans between phone and tablet. I don't want to pay for two data plans.

irie

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon still offer the 1gb $20 plan? I don't want to spend more than $20 a month for a data plan.

No longer have that plan. It is $30 for 2GB, $50 5GB and $80 10GB.
All these plans include hotspot as well for all android tablets. Not sure if The New iPad will have that.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Will an AT&T sim work in a Verizon LTE ipad 3, not as LTE obviously but just as HSPA? In theory, both VZW and AT&T ipad 3's support HSPA on all the same bands... and are supposed to be unlocked... so ??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Will an AT&T sim work in a Verizon LTE ipad 3, not as LTE obviously but just as HSPA? In theory, both VZW and AT&T ipad 3's support HSPA on all the same bands... and are supposed to be unlocked... so ??

Doubtful. If they follow the precedent of the iPhones.... anything that Verizon sells is hard-coded such that the GSM radio does not work for US carriers - only international ones... if one were to put an international carrier's SIM in the Verizon iPad, it may work on that carrier's US roaming partner - if they have one...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77