iPad 2 wanting to ugrade to iOS 7

CurveDock

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay so basically I'm just asking a question here.

I got an iPad 2 16GB with iOS 6 installed. I been noticing since I first bought it that each new upgrade is eating more and more storage space. And I've been reading online and discovered that only a few features of iOS 7 will be available for the iPad 2.

So my question is..... Should I get the update? Does anyone with an iPad 2 will upgrade to iOS 7?

every answer will be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 and I indeed plan to update it to iOS 7 in the fall when it is available as a finished product. I don't expect it to be able to do everything the newer device will be able to with the new operating system, but I don't foresee having any problems with running it either. My iPad is mainly used by my youngest son for games and I use it sparingly so it's not a big deal in my regard. Having said that, I think you should update to iOS 7 when it is released, but be mindful of the apps & games you install, especially if you're concerned about storage space.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 as well, and I'll be upgrading to iOS 7. With new OS's, every upgrade is bound to eat up more space as it becomes more innovative and brings new features. How many apps do you have on your device? Are you a heavy user? For me, I still have a few GBs to spare, as I use only a handful of apps. Overall, I think you should upgrade, and just pay attention to apps that you are downloading and only download apps that you need.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the beta as a tester -- it's pretty laggy so far, but iOS 7 is really neat.

I do intend to upgrade fully, but I have a 32 GB version and I also intend to look at replacing my iPad once the new ones come out -- possibly with the iPad 5, or possibly with the iPad Mini 2, if it gets a Retina display.

I'd say hold off on updating for the first week when the final (non-buggy, less laggy) version is out if you're really worried, and watch to see what is the reaction of other users to an iOS 7 installation on their iPads. If it's okay for them, then you're okay; if not, you can hold off indefinitely. Let the rest of us be your guinea pigs.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
And Beta 3 is already far better on the iPad 2.

I take back my criticisms.

But my point stands. Don't be in a rush to upgrade if you aren't sure, given that you can't downgrade. Watch how other iPad 2 owners experience iOS 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2