iPad 2 Support iOS 8?

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think initially everyone thought that the iPad 2 would just be supported through iOS 7, but doesn't the iPad 2 have basically the same specs as the iPad Mini which didnt come out long ago? So whatever it can run the iPad 2 will be able to correct?

If this is all the case then I would assume the iPad 2 will work in iOS 8 as well. Just curious as I love my iPad 2 and hope it doesn't become irrelevant soon!!!

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think it WAY too soon to speculate what will and will not support iOS 8!!!! 7 is not even out the door yet!!!!

PS I LOVE your avatar!!!!!!!!!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Agree with the person who said it's way too early to speculate, BUT I'll do so nevertheless.

Even though the iPad 1 was as good as, say, the iPhone 3GS, it wasn't supported for iOS 6 while the 3GS was.

So it's quite possible that our iPad 2s will get cut off at iOS 7, even if the iPad Mini gets supported to iOS 8.

As far as tech goes, though, a March 2011 product getting supported into early 2014 (which is what iOS 7 support will be -- presumably the iPad 2 will get 7.1 and 7.2 and so on) is pretty darned good.

We shall see how it goes. Till then, waiting for iOS 7 to come out for the iPad. Looking forward to trying it out!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Agree with the person who said it's way too early to speculate, BUT I'll do so nevertheless.

Even though the iPad 1 was as good as, say, the iPhone 3GS, it wasn't supported for iOS 6 while the 3GS was.

So it's quite possible that our iPad 2s will get cut off at iOS 7, even if the iPad Mini gets supported to iOS 8.

As far as tech goes, though, a March 2011 product getting supported into early 2014 (which is what iOS 7 support will be -- presumably the iPad 2 will get 7.1 and 7.2 and so on) is pretty darned good.

We shall see how it goes. Till then, waiting for iOS 7 to come out for the iPad. Looking forward to trying it out!

I think i'll ready for the next whatever by then.
Good Luck