Calendar - Start Week on Monday?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I sync through Exchange my Calendar, Mail & Contacts with Google.

Displaying the Monthly View:
My Calendar using the Google site Starts on Monday.
My iPhone does the same.
But my iPad 2 starts on Sunday.
Anyway to change it to Monday.

TIA

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I found this on the Apple discussion forums... (link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3376201?start=0&tstart=0)

Some have suggested backing up the iPhone/iPad and then restoring it. Not sure the first day of the week should be Monday, so it's possible that the phone is wrong... Clearly there is no setting to customize the first day of the week. With Google Calendar involved, is it possible that the calendar was originally set up on a device that had that option?

I did not read all the way through that thread (it's 3 pages)...

It seems to be connected to the Region Format settings. When set to Australia they've changed it to start the week on a Sunday. As a short term fix until they change it back to Monday I've changed my region format to Barbados.
This changes the calendar to start the week on Monday, but keeps all other settings the same as Aus, even using google.com.au and doesn't seem to affect contact detail formatting either.

I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem, but I've submitted a bug report at Apple - Feedback. Hopefully they'll change it soon!

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Also, I just checked in iCloud.com, and there is a preference setting in the calendar widget for first day of the week... could you switch to iClould (from Google Calendar) and see how it works?

Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 7.20.52 PM.PNG

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks for the info and the link Fausty82.

I've read the entire threat at the link and it appears it a bug.
Good Lord, it would so easy just to give people the option of starting on Monday or Sunday.

Anyway, thanks again.
Good Luck

rwhite

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
This has bugged me as well but it's a built in setting for my country NZ. I've checked other countries and they mainly start on Mondays. I can't change it cause it mucks too many other things up e.g. Address formats.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77