Ipad 2 build quality..

jetsetter883

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just 'OCD' but I'm up to my fifth Ipad 2 and all five of them have had a slightly loose volume adjustment switch. This tends to irk me, as my father's second-generation Ipad does not have this issue at all. His switch is rock solid. Yes, I am very picky about this above all other 'issues' since my finger tends to rest by this area while holding the device vertically and being able to 'play' with the volume switch is not a feature I'd like to have in a $500 device. I'd even take a bit of light bleed over this.

Anyone else familiar with this issue? Am I crazy or are others just not as particular?

Last edited:

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hehe, if your's is the same as mine, I'd go with OCD. :)
Once I read your post and started playing with the switch trying to wiggle it in different ways, I guess it does move towards the top or bottom of the iPad maybe like 1/32 of a inch. Any other way I try to wiggle it, I can't detect any slop at all. It certainly doesn't seem like a kind of 'slop' which should bother you at all. I think it probably needed that kind of clearance so it can rock a bit and not bind against the aluminum. If that is what you are talking about, yea, I'd say too picky and probably a design reality, not poorly made.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2