Printing App for iPad 2?

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Please pardon me if there's a thread like this already, but I searched and couldn't find an answer. I have an iPad 2 and a non-Airprint wireless printer (HP C4780). Is there an app out there that will allow me to print from the iPad? I looked at Print Central but wasn't sure after reading the reviews. I just need to print things such as emails and email attachments (.doc or .pdf). I want to be able to print directly from the iPad and not through my computer as a gateway or whatever as I've read some people doing :)confused:) Thanks for your help! :)

tpbklake

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
iPrintPhoto for iPad

I believe I was able to use that link to download and install into iTunes on my PC and then sync it to my iPad.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
If you're jail broken there is the truprint app $10 with free trial, I gave it a try & it wasn't bad. If you just want to print photos the HP AppStore app works great.

avwh

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Please pardon me if there's a thread like this already, but I searched and couldn't find an answer. I have an iPad 2 and a non-Airprint wireless printer (HP C4780). Is there an app out there that will allow me to print from the iPad? I looked at Print Central but wasn't sure after reading the reviews. I just need to print things such as emails and email attachments (.doc or .pdf). I want to be able to print directly from the iPad and not through my computer as a gateway or whatever as I've read some people doing :)confused:) Thanks for your help! :)

I'm looking for the same thing - wondering if I can set up an AirPrint-compatible printer without a computer, so I can print directly from my iPad 2 (not through a computer).

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about airprint on the ipad. It should work...I can airprint from my iphone 4 to the printer on my wireless network.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
As long as you have an AirPrint enabled printer you have no problems printing. But you need an hp. (which are the best anyway in my opinion, the most innovative printers on the market and great on ink) but if you don't have an AirPrint printer you CAN use a normal wireless printer. There is an app, I don't remember the name but from it the downside is you can only print stuff emailed to you. Only attachments. But that's not too bad still because you can always email the doc. To yourself. I just don't remember the name of the app. It was 10 to 15 dollars though I believe.

DanSilov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You can also try to look in another direction. I've installed Printopia on my iMac, and it shares all printers I have connected (plus Dropbox folder) as AirPrint enabled printers. That will work, unless you don't want to keep your PC switched on all the time.