Spotlight Search results, well...spotty

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using an iPhone 6s Plus running the latest software (9.3.1) and since even previous software versions have had problems with getting spotlight search results to work properly over a cellular connection (3G, LTE, etc). No matter what, spotlight search results will pull up contacts, emails, text msgs, other app related content like IMDb, Shazam, etc, but I cannot get it to consistently pull up nearby map locations, Wikipedia info, movie listings, etc. Basically, any info that requires the use of a data connection (spotlight suggestions). If, however I am connected to wifi, it will consistently work, but I have to jump through hoops in order to get it to work on a cellular data connection consistently and reliably. When it stops working, it usually requires a reboot of the phone and then it only works for a certain amount of time before it stops working again. Besides that, one sure way to tell it won't work is over in the Siri proactive page. If the news won't load toward the bottom then you can guarantee spotlight suggestions won't produce results as you type, save for what's local on the phone. Anyone have this same issue? Any possible solutions? Please and thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't really know if I've had the problems or not because I don't use Spotlight search for IMDb, Shazam, and the like. Having said that, when I do use it, and I do use it often, it quickly finds what I need.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try this:

8dd7fdc594bb67c0b8bb3a467496f72c.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member