Thought 9.3 would fix Spotlight but didn't....
I have been having a lot of problems with Spotlight search on my iPhone and iPad lately...i will enter a word and it doesn't even seem to try to find anything....I thought it would might be fixed with 9.3, but wasn't...Before, i did a reset of the settings and that didn't help. I also wiped out everything and then did a restore from backup which helped for awhile, but now it is doing the same thing...it doesn't always come up with nothing though...sometimes it works like it is supposed to. any suggestions on how to fix it?
- 03-28-2016, 06:36 PM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,347 Posts
Re: Thought 9.3 would fix Spotlight but didn't....
Welcome to iMore!
I think this is a sporadic bug (ie; not everyone is experiencing it). Thus far I'm not having the issue. As a test, try doing a backup, then factory reset the phone and run it for a day or so like that (this rules out any 3rd party apps causing some type of conflict with Spotlight). It's best to be absolutely certain that nothing else can be interfering before submitting an official bug report to Apple.
- By paramaribo in forum Apple WatchReplies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2016, 05:08 AM
- By stiffeon in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)Replies: 4Last Post: 03-29-2016, 12:35 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2016, 12:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2016, 09:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2016, 06:19 PM