Updated app icons not showing up in App Store

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's a new one (for me at least): the last few updated apps work fine on my devices, but the app icons are not visible in the App Store in the "Updates" tab on either device. I restarted my phone, but that did nothing to fix it. Has anyone else encountered this? Any fixes?

kenk2

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
+1 here on iPhone5s running iOS v9.0.2 and iPad Air1/2 running iOS v9.0.0.

Restarted the iPhone5s: did not help. Did not bother to restart iPad Airs.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's happening to me too. I hope iOS 9.1 fixes A LOT of these issues. Tempted to go back to a flip phone. 🙄

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

jdriel

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm so glad it's not just me having this problem! lol. I mean, it still sucks, but at least I have some company!

Have you guys had issues with missing icons all over iOS 9? I frequently notice when I double-tap the home button that several random apps show missing icons. (On the home screen the apps are fine though.) Sure would like to know what's up.

6s here. 9.0.2.

roosterstoker

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine also broken,, since 9.0.2.... Using iPhone 6 Plus. Minor problem, however, the lag that is affecting these icon refreshes might be affecting speed and other actions that you might not have perceived yet. Hopefully this phenomenon will get enough attention to be included in next iOS refresh.

spacebar#IM

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Mine doesn't show too. iPhone 6 Plus, 9.0.2. I event tried "Reset all settings" and that did nothing...

This annoys me probably more than it should...

IMG_3016.jpg

Last edited:

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the App Store is having major issues because now the apps with updates won't even update. I repeatedly press "update all", but they refuse to update.

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems that there has been a partial fix. The icons of today's app updates show. The icons of apps updated on October 9-10 do not show. However, the icons of prior app updates show.

kenk2

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Icon display in the App Store app is back to normal except for apps update-published on Oct 8 (some), Oct 9 (all), Oct 10 (all).

Apps do get updated when the "Update" button is pressed.

On a separate but possibly related AppStore weirdness issue: sometimes during the updating of the app, the update process would stall and hang for a long time. Press and hold the offending icon to activate the move/delete icon-dancing mode. Touch the x-cross to delete the app. But the usual system pop-up dialog box never shows up. Cannot pause or stop the update either. Only thing that works is to go into Settings --> General --> Storage & iCloud Usage --> (Storage) Manage Storage, and then hunt through the app listing to delete the offending app.