I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the problem be?

eric_sh

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game centre doesn't work

I'm having this problem on my iPad Mini 2, but not my iPhone 6, both of which I upgraded to iOS 9. Game Center does _eventually_ respond, but it could take 5 minutes or more. It's annoying enough when it happens trying to Open Game Center itself or the Game Center screen in Settings; it's most frustrating when games that rely on Game Center hang.

I have two separate Game Center accounts, so one of my theories is that certain accounts are being affected rather than certain devices. I might try switching which Game Center account each device logs into to test that theory.

DereckK

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Misery loves company!

iPad Air 1 : Game Center won't open and a few (not all) games that use GC hang during the auto-login step (and therefore are unplayable).

iPhone 6 : Game Center opens and several GC games work. (Haven't found any that don't.)

DereckK

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Update:
iPad Air 1 - Star Wars Uprising was an example of a game hanging during Game Center login but it eventually logs in after a 1-2 minutes. The game remains hung for 3 minutes then game loading begins and the game works from there.
Age of Booty:Tactics took 10.5 minutes!

Last edited:

Anthony Walker4

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hayden, I'm not allowed to post links but google "revert to ios 8.4" and you should find a guide. Be quick as Apple will close the window about a week after 9.0 release. Hopefully enough of us are reporting problems for Apple to notice & fix.

dvdali

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Same problem only happened on my iPad mini, not my iPhone 6+. after installed iOS 9 about the same time. Two GC accounts are accessible thru iPhone but not via iPad, that won't even allow setting to be changed thru GC login. Tried everything without reversing back to iOS 8.4 and wait impatiently for new update.:mad:

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Im waiting for an update :/ i tried to install on PC itune ios 9 and it crahsed really not sure on reverting my phone back :/ have a friend US game shes actually a beta tester running 9.1 she says its a lot better - just hope they release it soon here - she says cuts out a lot of the lag etc

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

No need for the 'works for me' posts. It is a problem for some and not others. We are unfortunately waiting on Apple for a fix.

On the Apple forums people have tried just about every kind of reset/ upgrade possible in a million combinations.

There is no solution / work around yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmpruett

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

I have an iPhone 6s... And my game center has a white blank page also. I can't even get into on my settings page. Also... When I go to delete an app, it sometimes freezes the page and it takes me to reboot it to work again.

This all happened when I updated to iOS 9... :-/

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem after upgrading my iPad Air 2 (iPhone 5s was fine). Anything that tried to load Game Center would hang. After a minute or two Game Center would eventually load

I tried everything I could possible to do fix this which included:

1. Restoring and then restoring from my iTunes backup made under iOS 8.4.1.
2. Downgrading back to 8.4.1 (where Game Center still worked) and then signing out of Game Center, backing up to iTunes and then restoring iOS 9 and restoring from the iTunes backup.
3. Doing the same as #2 except restoring from iCloud backup.

Basically the only "fix" is to either downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 or erase everything and set up the device as new.

I resigned myself to setting up my Air 2 as new. I lost a few years worth of saved games (none of which I play any more) and some documents, but at least it's working now.

FYI, I reported this a s bug to Apple. They want to get a stack snapshot from me, but I don't feel like doing another restore and restore from backup.

I'd suggest reporting the problem to Apple at https://bugreport.apple.com. You can reference my bug report number if you want. It's 22734407.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem after upgrading my iPad Air 2 (iPhone 5s was fine). Anything that tried to load Game Center would hang. After a minute or two Game Center would eventually load

I tried everything I could possible to do fix this which included:

1. Restoring and then restoring from my iTunes backup made under iOS 8.4.1.
2. Downgrading back to 8.4.1 (where Game Center still worked) and then signing out of Game Center, backing up to iTunes and then restoring iOS 9 and restoring from the iTunes backup.
3. Doing the same as #2 except restoring from iCloud backup.

Basically the only "fix" is to either downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 or erase everything and set up the device as new.

I resigned myself to setting up my Air 2 as new. I lost a few years worth of saved games (none of which I play any more) and some documents, but at least it's working now.

FYI, I reported this a s bug to Apple. They want to get a stack snapshot from me, but I don't feel like doing another restore and restore from backup.

I'd suggest reporting the problem to Apple at https://bugreport.apple.com. You can reference my bug report number if you want. It's 22734407.

Submitted. Left my device as is. Will provide material if they ask.

Cheers.

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Ive alredy been pn phone apple 3-4 days ago - no reply off them as yet they were sub,itting a tiket to their engineers :/ all i can hope is a fix comes out as im not wipping phone :/

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
9.0.1 updare is out currently installing it - really hope will fix up the problem

Edited** and no still no working game centre :(

Last edited:

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Currently experiencing this same issue on my iPhone 6. Gamecenter works just fine on my iPad mini 2, but not my iPhone 6.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Just checked and no issues here on my 5s, 6s and mini 2 all running 9.0.1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2