Preventing MMS

graclarkey

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
In iOS Messages, there's no way to disable the accidental sending of MMS without doing the same for incoming MMS.

Your provider may be able to block your account from sending MMS if you call to ask them. I think Three will do it in the UK.

I know you say that you don't want to do this, but the only way to stop your iMessage dropping back to an MMS is to disable the 'Send as SMS' option. I do this and I've never been charged for sending multimedia in an iMessage, regardless of whether the recipient has a signal or not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In iOS Messages, there's no way to disable the accidental sending of MMS without doing the same for incoming MMS.

Your provider may be able to block your account from sending MMS if you call to ask them. I think Three will do it in the UK.

I know you say that you don't want to do this, but the only way to stop your iMessage dropping back to an MMS is to disable the 'Send as SMS' option. I do this and I've never been charged for sending multimedia in an iMessage, regardless of whether the recipient has a signal or not.

This thread is 2 years old.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2