Sportscenter App on two devices

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use the ESPN Sportscenter app? I have turned on alerts (scores, news etc.) for favorite teams on my iPad and iPhone, since ESPN has said their text message alert systems will end on Feb 16. The bizarre thing, I cannot get it to work (no alerts at all, on lock screen, Notification Center) on both devices at once - if I uninstall the app, hard reset, then reinstall on my iPhone, it works - iPad stops working. I do the same uninstall process on the iPad, the iPhone stops working. I even logged into using two different ESPN account users.

Anyone have any ideas or do you use it on multiple devices?

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there an updated Sportscenter app for the iPad? The one I have on the phone is new but the one on the iPad is old and and outdated.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell the app is the same for the iPad and iPhone - you have to search for Sportscenter in the App Store by switching to "iPhone only to find it. That's why it looks ugly on the iPhone, it's one of those old-looking phone size apps stretched. Yuck.

As an update - after changing my iPad to another ESPN user, it still did not work. I had to uninstall/reset/install it on my iPhone one more time -it's like the alerts are directed to one physical device only, and even when I reinstalled as user B on the iPad, it still thought user 1 was directed there so my iPhone did not get user 1 alerts.

At least that is a workaround for now - my iPad and iPhone have different users and overnight both got the 6 alerts on games, etc. that they should have. I have reported the issue and heard back once, so I hope ESPN fixes this. I did ask about an iPad app too. I'll post updates here if there are any ;-)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2