Correcting Dictated Words?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but wanted to know if there's any means of getting around this problem...

So I use the dictation feature quite a lot to dictate long emails and messages. By dictation I don't mean Siri I mean the microphone button next to the space bar on the keyboard. The problem I have is my name is spelled Darran not Darren so when I say my name it automatically resolves to Darren via dictation. I can't even add keyboard shortcuts because I do have friends called Darren. My biggest issue is instead of entering my email address manually I dictate it as it's much quicker only it uses the Darren spelling and not Darran and I want to find a way of forcing the right spelling rather than me remembering to edit it out afterwards. I know with Siri you can force it to pronounce the name correctly but ideally I just want my spelling to be used when used in conjunction with the rest of my email address.

Any suggestions and I don't want to hear things like change my name!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure this would work, but you could try making a shortcut of something like d@mail.com to your actual email and then speak d@mail.com to Siri.

Thanks Karen but tried that using the wrong spelling and the right spelling and when I dictate is types the wrong spelling but because it was dictated it doesn't then convert to the correct spelling even if I press space afterwards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2