Regarding contacts, Is there a way to select which account you want a contact stored in?
I have 3 email accounts on my phone. One is work and the other two are personal. Is there a way to select which account you want a contact stored in or do they all have to be stored in iCloud? I'm new to iOS, btw.
- 01-17-2015, 07:08 AM #2
Re: contacts question
Thanks for your help, but that's not what I mean. I want to be able to select where a new contact is stored once I've created it. My old phone allowed me to pick which email account I want to store the new contact in. Basically, I want new work contacts stored in my work account and my personal contacts to be created in my personal email accounts.
- 01-20-2015, 01:33 AM #4
- 01-20-2015, 10:29 AM #5iMore Newbie
- 48 Posts
I too have contacts in separate accounts, work and personal. My default is personal, but I enter more contacts into my work accounts than personal. Here's how it works:
1) open the contacts app.
2) top left corner, tap groups.
3) tap hide all
4) scroll and select the account you want to add the new contact to.
5) top right corner tap done.
6) top right corner tap the + symbol.
7) enter new contact info
8) tap done
If you enter a new contact using the phone app, it'll add to your default account. If you enter under the contacts app, it'll add to the account you selected.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2015, 11:19 AM
- By Italiannyc in forum iPhone 6Replies: 6Last Post: 01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2015, 08:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2015, 11:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2015, 08:09 PM