MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
You can choose not to activate icloud when you set up your device for the first time. Also, you Apple ID doesn't have to be tied to iCloud.

Deac Cristian

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that i received the phone like a gift from my friend but he put in his icloud account and he forget the password and account name what can i do? Can i contact apple to take of the account? Or can i do something else

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that i received the phone like a gift from my friend but he put in his icloud account and he forget the password and account name what can i do? Can i contact apple to take of the account? Or can i do something else

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

You’re screwed.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only option is to enter the correct password. If you cannot, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

If the device is truly yours (or your buddy's), use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

You can have your friend contact Apple Support for a password reset and then he can remove the account from the phone so you can activate your own.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I find it interesting that problems like this always start with "getting a gift from a friend", or " I bought a iPhone".
Be honest with yourself, you were either given, bought, or stole a stolen iPhone ...

Last edited:

elthesensai

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I find it interesting that problems like this always start with "getting a gift from a friend", or " I bought a an iPhone".
Be honest with yourself, you were either given, bought, or stole a stolen iPhone ...

Oh you know... He could've received it as a gift....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethereal

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Look up Doulci, I've always wanted to try it, but I don't have an iCloud locked device and I don't want to reset my own devices.
On iPhone 4 there is still the limera1n exploit and it can be used to establish a connection between a pc and the iphone using ssh. After you connect it, you can simply navigate to the system app folder and delete setup.app. This only works on the iPhone 4 and maybe on the iPad 2, I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77