- 11-13-2014, 04:23 PM #3
- 11-13-2014, 04:39 PM #4
The problem is that i received the phone like a gift from my friend but he put in his icloud account and he forget the password and account name what can i do? Can i contact apple to take of the account? Or can i do something else
Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
- 11-14-2014, 12:30 AM #6
Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only option is to enter the correct password. If you cannot, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.
If the device is truly yours (or your buddy's), use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.
- 11-14-2014, 10:10 AM #8
- 11-15-2014, 08:57 AM #9
I find it interesting that problems like this always start with "getting a gift from a friend", or " I bought a iPhone".
Be honest with yourself, you were either given, bought, or stole a stolen iPhone ...
Last edited by Not Quite Right; 11-15-2014 at 09:13 AM.
- 11-15-2014, 09:10 AM #10
- 11-16-2014, 12:54 AM #11iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
Look up Doulci, I've always wanted to try it, but I don't have an iCloud locked device and I don't want to reset my own devices.
On iPhone 4 there is still the limera1n exploit and it can be used to establish a connection between a pc and the iphone using ssh. After you connect it, you can simply navigate to the system app folder and delete setup.app. This only works on the iPhone 4 and maybe on the iPad 2, I'm afraid.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2014, 05:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2014, 07:19 AM
- By Ladan Mehrabi in forum iCloudReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2014, 05:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 02:39 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2014, 02:22 PM