Why is Reading list working on all Apple devices, but NOT on iPad's?

oscarcanada

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I am an avid user of "Reading List". it works almost flawlessly on my Mac, and two iPhones. however when using iPad, it does' not.
If i add an article to reading list, it saves. but immediately i am off wifi and try to read the article, it shows as "no available for offline reading".
For the record, this NEVER happens on my 4s and 5s, or my mac. sometimes i have them all on at the same time, and the same article is subsequently available on the other apple devices. It fails on my iPad 2 and iPad mini 2, both of which are on iOS 8.

How can i get around this? it is annoying that i add articles to my reading list, wait for it to complete, leave the home then get on the subway only to find that it "is not available". I have tried signing in and out of iCloud, etc, all to no avail.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does iOS Reading List not work on iPad?

I don't know what to tell you, and I can't replicate it with my iPad Mini running iOS 8.1. Are you certain that you are waiting for the webpage to completely load before adding it to your reading list?

oscarcanada

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does iOS Reading List not work on iPad?

Yes i wait for the page to fully load. i make sure that i do not leave safari during that time, sometimes waiting a long time. it tends to be the more complicated pages where it fails. but other websites work well.
As well, when it is a page that is pushed from the macbook to all other apple devices, it tends sometimes to not push very well to the iPad.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Guess i will have to revert again to using "Read it Later" app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77