Contact Photos Bug

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Another little irritating bug in iOS... I picked a photo for a contact and resized/moved it a bit to fit into the circle it gives. About 10 seconds after clicking "done" it reverts to the middle of the pic, unscaled and unmoved. I can find no way to make it stay the way I want. Anyone else?

Brian Woods2

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey kurpaige, you mentioned that you were able to get your contact's photo to show fullscreen again when people call. Would you mind sharing how you did this? I've been reading online that Apple actually took this feature away and replaced it with the "circle" icon which I really don't like. Would love to get the "fullscreen" option back, thanks!!!!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
This is how I got it to work:
Assuming your contacts have access to the photo you want to have assigned to that contact,
Delete the current photo in the contact.
Then hit the contact photo field and choose the photo.
It came back as a full screen when they called me.
Hope this works for you.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another little irritating bug in iOS... I picked a photo for a contact and resized/moved it a bit to fit into the circle it gives. About 10 seconds after clicking "done" it reverts to the middle of the pic, unscaled and unmoved. I can find no way to make it stay the way I want. Anyone else?
I have one that does that way. It started when I added her to my Google Contacts. It shows the middle of her face. I may try removing her from Google Contacts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey kurpaige, you mentioned that you were able to get your contact's photo to show fullscreen again when people call. Would you mind sharing how you did this? I've been reading online that Apple actually took this feature away and replaced it with the "circle" icon which I really don't like. Would love to get the "fullscreen" option back, thanks!!!!
Google Contacts won't show full screen. You have to delete the photo that came from Google and upload a photo from your Photos app. I had to do that with several of my contacts from Google Contacts. One has done as the OP was saying. Strange. Maybe the update tomorrow will fix this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: I went to Google Contacts online in Safari on my iPhone and changed her photo to one from my photos app. It's working so far.

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There is no fix except putting pictures in through iCloud web or just not adjusting them in any way when you add the picture. This has been an issue for a LONG time. Apple just flat out refuses to fix it. It's the little details and they're getting real bad about ignoring them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2