Settings update badge won't go away after 7.06 update

EricDClark

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I updated my iphone 5s with the new 7.06 and it worked fine but my ipad air and wife's iPhone 5 still have the badge on the settings app with the "1" but I updated the software on those as well. I went thru the phone and iPad and can't find anything in there to update, both software screens show the more current update. Any ideas?

roth91

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an ipad air and updated to 7.0.6. I have the same problem. The settings badge still has the "1" and it says I am running the current version. I tried everything. A ipad restore from both itunes and my icloud. Turned the ipad off and on. Nothing worked and NOTHING will fix it. The only thing that will work is to set it up as a new device but I don't want to do it. Contacted apple and they supposedly documented the case but they are just as confused. They have no idea why it is happening. The weird thing is my iphone 5 and my third gen ipad is fine. As a matter of fact, my third gen ipad never even showed the "1" for the update.

The only thing I can suggest it waiting for 7.1 which will come out in a couple weeks. Do the upgrade using itunes (not over the air using wifi). I have a hunch getting another upgrade will clear the settings notification. I have spent a lot of time researching this problem on the web. Users experienced the same issue with ios versions in the past and the only thing that cleared it was the next upgrade.

roth91

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It looks like 7.1 didn't clear the settings app notification. The only thing left to do id set up as a new device. I don't want to do that. What is wrong with apple?

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It looks like 7.1 didn't clear the settings app notification. The only thing left to do id set up as a new device. I don't want to do that. What is wrong with apple?

Give it time to settle. Go to settings, software update, and let it tell you that you have 7.1 and that may clear it.

Also, try going to notifications and turning the settings app off for a bit. That may clear it when you turn it back on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

roth91

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Trust me. There is no other way. I have been checking the software update a million times. I restored a million times. I wiped the iPad clean multiple times and the number one on the settings icon went away. As soon as I backup from either the iCloud or iTunes the number one comes back. Something got corrupt in my settings app and it is part of my backup. there is no solution other than to set up as new. I just did that and the number one is gone.

By the way, you can't turn off the notification on the settings app. That is impossible. You can only do that if you jail brake.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77