Does iOS 7 really still have the Spotlight bug?

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with Spotlight on my 5s. It seems to have been happening on pretty much all iOS versions. What's happening is even though I permenently delete an email from my iPhone, Spotlight is still able to find it. However if I click on it, it cannot be opened as it has been deleted. This is a bit annoying with spam. Spotlight seems to index spam messages when I move them to trash. Even though I permanently delete them from trash, as I said above they remain searchable in Spotlight. The only way to remove them from Spotlight I have found is to completely delete my email account from my iPhone and re-add it. This bug seems to have been around forever from searches online. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having it with iOS 7, or am I one of the only/few that have this issue?

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So, is there another fix other then deleting my account and re-adding it to remove the spam listings from Spotlight? As that's the real issue, as I rarely delete emails except the spam, and then Spotlight indexes it. It's not a huge deal, but still a little annoying. Really Apple just needs to either A. fix the bug, or B. have a button in the Spotlight settings to just reindex the device when pressed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. In the past, it took a restore to clear out the cache. Still, I agree that Apple should supply us with an option to manually clear the cached or at least allow for it to be cleared with a reboot.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope a fix comes eventually, as it is also a huge privacy issue. Especially for business users. As some folks may have sensitive information in either a message or email that needs to be deleted, and even having the sender or subject searchable from Spotlight could be catastrophic if it's in the wrong hands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2