"Slide to view"

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
When a text comes up and says slide to view, it no longer comes up you have to slide to unlock, select messages, select that person.
I understand if you waited a few minutes after your alert came up to view it it wouldn't bring you right there.

Anyway to change it back?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I receive an iMessage or SMS message, it states "Slide to reply" on my lockscreen. When I slide to the right, I am prompted for my lockscreen passcode, and after entering it, I am immediately taken to the iMessage or SMS message with my cursor is already blinking inside the reply box.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When a text comes up and says slide to view, it no longer comes up you have to slide to unlock, select messages, select that person.
I understand if you waited a few minutes after your alert came up to view it it wouldn't bring you right there.

Anyway to change it back?

If a few minutes have passed you need to slide the notification icon itself, not the "slide to unlock" slider. Sliding the notification will open the app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't. I have to open the app every time...

For reference, here's what mine looks like (note the slide to reply text by the icon vs the slide to unlock text at the bottom):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380596956.153561.jpg

Can you show us what you're seeing on your lock screen?

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine looks like that but it doesn't seem to matter if I wait an hour or if I slide to view instantly, I ALWAYS have to go to icon ie: messages. And then to that person. Since the update it's done this...
Before the update if I slide to view right away it would take me to my messages or whatever right away... Now not so much... Kinda annoying

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine looks like that but it doesn't seem to matter if I wait an hour or if I slide to view instantly, I ALWAYS have to go to icon ie: messages. And then to that person. Since the update it's done this...
Before the update if I slide to view right away it would take me to my messages or whatever right away... Now not so much... Kinda annoying

Sorry to ask again but I'm still not sure if we're on the same page?I'm talking about sliding the actual notification (not the unlock slider), like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380600675.471827.jpg

If yours doesn't do that I'd suggest trying a reboot and, if still no luck, a restore. Good luck!

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Omg I'm so stupid! That was exactly the issue. I was sliding the bottom not the message. Don't be sorry you just solved my frustration. Thank you!! :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I started a thread like this a week back quite a few people have had the same problem understanding the new system in the lock screen. This thread will help to better clarify it

It works on any lockscreen notification not just messaging

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2