Push email not notifying under specific conditions
So, I am noticing an issue with iOS 7 on my iPhone 4.
When I have WiFi ON, and the device is in Sleep, I do not receive any push notifications for incoming email.
When the device is active/awake, email comes through fine. When the device is in Sleep, and WiFi is OFF, push notifications come in fine over cellular data. Only when WiFi is ON and phone is in Sleep is there an issue...
- 09-26-2013, 09:29 PM #2
Re: Push email not notifying under specific conditions
I've never had it setup to show the notifications in the lock screen or banner or anything before. But it always played the appropriate sound when an email came in. So I knew to check it if I wanted. This was working fine until today.
Now, it makes no sound, until I wake and unlock the device... after that, the badges and sounds for all the emails come pouring in. If I'm on cellular data, the notification sounds play fine, and when I wake and unlock the device, I find the badges waiting for me, and the emails listed in the notification center.
- 09-26-2013, 10:37 PM #4
- 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM #6
- By gordol in forum iOS 7Replies: 9Last Post: 07-19-2016, 04:52 PM
- By yaynative in forum iCloudReplies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 15Last Post: 09-26-2013, 10:09 PM
- By Judson50 in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2013, 09:00 PM
- By B1ue_B1aze in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2013, 12:28 PM