Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    enots27's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

    Default Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Hay all sorry if this is a noob question but.

    What features of ios7 will not be on the iPhone 4S if any.

    Also does anyone here know how the 4s will handle it. Eg lag, battery life.

    Thank you all.
  2. #2  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,278 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Scroll to the bottom of the page at the following link.

    Thanked by:
    enots27 (09-12-2013), Frehley (09-18-2013)
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  3. #3  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Thread moved to the iOS 7 forum for better exposure.
    Thanked by:
    Alli (09-13-2013)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    enots27's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    So only 1 or 2 features are missing. Looks like filters in camera and airdrop. That's cool. I had to ask as I have just swapped my 4 for a 4s.
  5. #5  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    So far using iOS 7 GM on my 4S the battery life has been terrible. I literally have everything off. Location services, cellular data, bluetooth, background app refresh, siri etc. Still this is what I get Ios7 and iPhone 4S-img_2292-1.png I'm not sure why it dies so fast.
  6. #6  
    pr1nce's Avatar


    Posts
    10,960 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,574 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by enots27 View Post
    So only 1 or 2 features are missing. Looks like filters in camera and airdrop. That's cool. I had to ask as I have just swapped my 4 for a 4s.
    I believe airdrop is the only thing missing on the 4s.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    enots27's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Hopefully they fix the battery life issue before the full release. I want some of the new features but need a decent battery life. Which is one of the reasons I swapped my 4 for the 4s. The battery on this seems so much better.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    enots27's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    So how many of you will be upgrading your 4s or 4 when ios7 is released.
  9. #9  
    madisonjar's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Ios7 and iPhone 4S-img_1041.png
    unplugged last night around 9, plugged in at 73% and then grabbed the screen shot, but the battery life isnt bad for me...when I first loaded the GM I did have TERRIBLE battery life, but I knew something was wrong, reset the phone let everything download and setup again, used the phone till the battery died and phone wouldnt turn on, then unplugged and its doing great for me...this is with a 4s
  10. #10  
    pr1nce's Avatar


    Posts
    10,960 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,574 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by enots27 View Post
    So how many of you will be upgrading your 4s or 4 when ios7 is released.
    I'll be upgrading my 4s.
  11. #11  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,431 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    The only feature the 4S is not getting is airdrop


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk -
  12. #12  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1041.PNG 
Views:	287 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	37787
    unplugged last night around 9, plugged in at 73% and then grabbed the screen shot, but the battery life isnt bad for me...when I first loaded the GM I did have TERRIBLE battery life, but I knew something was wrong, reset the phone let everything download and setup again, used the phone till the battery died and phone wouldnt turn on, then unplugged and its doing great for me...this is with a 4s
    I can honestly only get about 5-6 hours of usage on my 4S max and about 8 hours max of standby. In my eyes that is horrible considering that I have just about everything turned off. Really hoping this is a bug or something and Apple fixes it within a few weeks
  13. #13  
    madisonjar's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by yzjustdatguy View Post
    I can honestly only get about 5-6 hours of usage on my 4S max and about 8 hours max of standby. In my eyes that is horrible considering that I have just about everything turned off. Really hoping this is a bug or something and Apple fixes it within a few weeks
    might be a bad battery, bad program or something wrong with your phone, I have everything turned on running ios7 GM and well I have no problem with it. Again I did have a problem at first but wiped phone and started fresh and its working great.
  14. #14  
    grape8pe's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Scroll to the bottom of the page at the following link.

    I'm on iOS7 beta 6 (iPhone 4S) and I have access to filters within camera. The filters are applied dynamically right now, but that may change when it's officially released on September 18th. I haven't updated to GM yet because it requires a full back/restore. Maybe I'll have time over the weekend, but I may just wait until Thursday. Beta 6 has been smooth and reliable.

    Brice
  15. #15  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    might be a bad battery, bad program or something wrong with your phone, I have everything turned on running ios7 GM and well I have no problem with it. Again I did have a problem at first but wiped phone and started fresh and its working great.
    I wiped it yesterday and restored with iCloud to get my pictures back. Thats the only thing that keeps me from starting fresh but I may have to
  16. #16  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,431 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by yzjustdatguy View Post
    So far using iOS 7 GM on my 4S the battery life has been terrible. I literally have everything off. Location services, cellular data, bluetooth, background app refresh, siri etc. Still this is what I get Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2292-1.PNG 
Views:	298 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	37761 I'm not sure why it dies so fast.
    This is my 4S so far; 3G on 80% of the time, location services all off, no apps installed, Siri off: (screenshot taken right after my iPhone turned back on)

    Ios7 and iPhone 4S-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379108213.513002.jpg


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk -
    Thanked by:
    yzjustdatguy (09-13-2013)
  17. #17  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    This is my 4S so far; 3G on 80% of the time, location services all off, no apps installed, Siri off: (screenshot taken right after my iPhone turned back on)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379108213.513002.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	37813
    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk -
    Wow. It could be my installed apps since they aren't optimized for iOS 7 yet. I'll delete them off and see what happens
  18. #18  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,431 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by yzjustdatguy View Post
    Wow. It could be my installed apps since they aren't optimized for iOS 7 yet. I'll delete them off and see what happens
    I should've added that 2 hours and 45 minutes of usage was for music (local storage)


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk -
  19. #19  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    I should've added that 2 hours and 45 minutes of usage was for music (local storage)


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk -
    Still good to me. Especially for a day of standby. Almost 2
  20. #20  
    WhiteSpir1t's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by yzjustdatguy View Post
    So far using iOS 7 GM on my 4S the battery life has been terrible. I literally have everything off. Location services, cellular data, bluetooth, background app refresh, siri etc. Still this is what I get Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2292-1.PNG 
Views:	298 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	37761 I'm not sure why it dies so fast.
    Turn off auto time adjust/Daylight savings time . This was the issue with iOS 5.0.1 but it took a while for some to find this. Try it and report back.




    Posted via CB10
  21. #21  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSpir1t View Post
    Turn off auto time adjust/Daylight savings time . This was the issue with iOS 5.0.1 but it took a while for some to find this. Try it and report back.




    Posted via CB10
    Thats turned off too. Still no better
  22. #22  
    WhiteSpir1t's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by yzjustdatguy View Post
    Thats turned off too. Still no better
    Restore again without old backups this time.

    Not everyone on i4S has his problem. This isn't as big as the battery drain issue that plague iPhone 4S with the daylight savings bug on iOS 5.0.1 .


    Posted via CB10
  23. #23  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,920 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by enots27 View Post
    So how many of you will be upgrading your 4s or 4 when ios7 is released.
    I would be willing to bet everyone will or at least a good 95%. Why not?
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  24. #24  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,920 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Will be updating my 4S tethered to iTunes a few day after the 18th date comes out. I am going to let the servers calm down a bit to get a good solid and smooth download.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  25. #25  
    yzjustdatguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts

    Default Re: Ios7 and iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSpir1t View Post
    Restore again without old backups this time.

    Not everyone on i4S has his problem. This isn't as big as the battery drain issue that plague iPhone 4S with the daylight savings bug on iOS 5.0.1 .


    Posted via CB10
    I would do that but getting my pictures back in my camera roll without using a backup is so time consuming. I might have to though
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM
  3. Buying iPhone 5S over internet.
    By Daniboy246 in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM
  4. Confused about iPhone/iPad
    By Purley194 in forum iPad 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM
  5. iPhone 5s Clear Cases Options?
    By cyberpaw in forum Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions