iMessage acting up?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Recently my iMessage has been acting a bit weird. I haven't updated software or anything, but I did recently charge up and turn on my old iPod touch 4th gen (haven't touched it in maybe a year). I only turned it on for vacation because I have a waterproof case on my iPhone and its a pain to listen to music.

Regardless, ever since I got on vacation, random messages only go to my iPad and iPod and don't ever make it to my iPhone. Not sure how to fix it. I want all my messages back. Should I reset something? I don't want this to continue...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can only assume that your iPhone is set to receive text messages using only your phone number whereas the iPad and iPod is configured to receive them via your Apple ID. You can check it by going to Settings-Messages-Send & Receive. Under "You can be reached by iMessage at:" on all three devices. I'm assuming your devices are using the same iOS version. Anyway, to make sure they all sync, make sure that section matches on all three devices.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I can only assume that your iPhone is set to receive text messages using only your phone number whereas the iPad and iPod is configured to receive them via your Apple ID. You can check it by going to Settings-Messages-Send & Receive. Under "You can be reached by iMessage at:" on all three devices. I'm assuming your devices are using the same iOS version. Anyway, to make sure they all sync, make sure that section matches on all three devices.

This is probably your issue. Happened to me when I first setup my iPad mini. Since then I have made iMessage on my Mac and iPad contact email only. And my iPhone is setup with phone #, Apple ID and email