Potentially stupid question...ringer assignment

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing a setting where we can assign all people in the phone book one ringtone, and all non-phone book people a different one or is there not one of those settings? We want to do this on my husband's phone, because the only calls he gets not in his phone book are work related, so he wants to have a ringer for people he knows vs work. He doesn't have many numbers saved, so if I have to go in there and assign one to everyone individually, fine, but I was hoping there was a way to avoid that, because, well, I am lazy.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So the answer is NO, there's not a way to do it as one step for all of the 11 people in his contacts, you have to go one by one and assign it to each person. Why not just say that of wasting my time making me read that whole stupid article?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you are correct you have to assign the ringtone to each person in the contacts. The you assign a different tone as the main ringtone. You also have to have caller display for the assigned ringtones to work. So the assigned people will ring assigned ringtones then anyone else will get the main ringtone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That is what I was afraid of. Boo. Thank you! Well, Ill just sit and do it tonight I guess. Perhaps a nice feature for iOS7.