Text Alert While on a Call

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person annoyed that the text message alert sounds while on a phone call? I thought this may be corrected in iOS6. If it is please let me know how to correct it.

I've only been using an iPhone for 5 months & I haven't found a way to silence this alert while on a call without silencing the alert all together. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my iPhone 5 a lot but this is just crazy. I never had this happen on any other platform & when I got a 4S, I was shocked I couldn't do anything about it. I just knew iOS 6 would be the answer to my problem.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person annoyed that the text message alert sounds while on a phone call? I thought this may be corrected in iOS6. If it is please let me know how to correct it.

I've only been using an iPhone for 5 months & I haven't found a way to silence this alert while on a call without silencing the alert all together. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my iPhone 5 a lot but this is just crazy. I never had this happen on any other platform & when I got a 4S, I was shocked I couldn't do anything about it. I just knew iOS 6 would be the answer to my problem.

There's currently no way to turn it off. Flipping the silence switch kills the alert, but then you get the vibration alert...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Annoying yes.... I could never figure out how to turn it off. Still wondering why it won't go to pending state while on a call lol. But I learned to deal with it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How ironic... everyone wants simultaneous voice/data, but complains about text alerts while they're on the phone. Very interesting. :D

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I personally like audio notifications. It is the vibrate that bugs me. It can be heard on the other end of the call also

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Actually everyone this exact problem is addressed on the front of iMore by Rene Richie.... Check out the link.

iOS 6 nitpicks: Inability to mute alerts when on a call | iMore.com

I hope they implement this feature in the next update which would be great.

Mohdslh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If you think text message alert is annoying that means you never experince the horror of viber or skype ringing during a call. Apple, please fix this.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
How ironic... everyone wants simultaneous voice/data, but complains about text alerts while they're on the phone. Very interesting. :D

This really has nothing to do with simultaneous voice & data. I never had that feature on any of my Blackberrys or Android phones & my text messages still came through while I was on a call, I just didn't have the annoyance of the alert sounding in my ear.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally like audio notifications. It is the vibrate that bugs me. It can be heard on the other end of the call also

Can't say I agree with you on the audio notifications & I don't believe I've ever experienced vibrate while on a call but I'm sure that equally as annoying.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This is the first thing I noticed when I got a iPhone still can't be leave its not fixed you would think it annoys the Tim cook also lol

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I've developed this habit over my iPhone-years that I automaticly press down my mute button on the side before actually answer the call :/

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've developed this habit over my iPhone-years that I automaticly press down my mute button on the side before actually answer the call :/

Really?....if I did that I'd prob forget to flick the toggle switch back on and would be wondering why my phone wasn't ringing etc...lol.

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Really?....if I did that I'd prob forget to flick the toggle switch back on and would be wondering why my phone wasn't ringing etc...lol.

At first yes, but now I've done it so many times that I don't even think of doing it before and after a call :S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2