iOS 6 and iPad 2 missing App Store and iTunes Icon

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 yesterday and it seems as though the App store and iTunes icons are missing. Anyone one else have this? DId a hard reset still no icons. Gonna do a restore and see what happens.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing as I started the restore It wants to update my iPad to iOS 6 which I already did OTA yesterday, So now its downloading 6 again via my Mac listing a 3 hour download time LOL.

Something funky must have happened in the OTA. I did my 4s OTA and no problems. Well just gonna chill and let it do it's thing. :cool:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
3 hours? Ouch! Hopefully, the download time will sharply decrease for you. I updated via iTunes yesterday at around 1:20 p.m. and the download and installation was very quick. Anyway, if you're a college football fan, tune in to ESPN and watch Boise State take on BYU at 9:00 p.m. ;) that should help pass the time while you wait.

Reactions: iEd

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
3 hours? Ouch! Hopefully, the download time will sharply decrease for you. I updated via iTunes yesterday at around 1:20 p.m. and the download and installation was very quick. Anyway, if you're a college football fan, tune in to ESPN and watch Boise State take on BYU at 9:00 p.m. ;) that should help pass the time while you wait.

Yea the OTA for my iP2 yesterday was very quick about 30 min. 4s was about 40 OTA. I think the progress bar will jump up in the next hour or so.

Better yet Giants @ Panthers NFL Network which I can watch on the Pad via Direct TV till the download is done to the Mac.:D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea the OTA for my iP2 yesterday was very quick about 30 min. 4s was about 40 OTA. I think the progress bar will jump up in the next hour or so.

Better yet Giants @ Panthers NFL Network which I can watch on the Pad via Direct TV till the download is done to the Mac.:D

Ah, you dawg! I hate you...lol...:D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Then if the the download comes in before the game is over and I have to shut down the iPad. I'll switch to the 4s LOL:D

You know...that's like rubbing salt in a fresh wound...you're killing me...:D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Restored iPad App icons came back. Got to refolder everything which sucks. But I aint mad :D

Congratulations! ;) I'm glad everything worked out for you and hopefully, you enjoy a good football while you waited. Anyway. Take care and have a great day. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234