hi! how's your iOS 6 battery life?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How the hell do u get such great battery life

Since having my 4S from Nov2011, ive always had good luck with battery life. I'm on wifi 80-90% of the time which helps & I really don't use my phone for gaming much at all. I do just the basic things, iMessage/tx, email, appointment setting, phones calls - things like that. :)

Also, each time I do an iOS upgrade, I USB to iTunes (never OTA) and then have iCloud put everything back on for me.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Since having my 4S from Nov2011, ive always had good luck with battery life. I'm on wifi 80-90% of the time which helps & I really don't use my phone for gaming much at all. I do just the basic things, iMessage/tx, email, appointment setting, phones calls - things like that. :)

Also, each time I do an iOS upgrade, I USB to iTunes (never OTA) and then have iCloud put everything back on for me.

I'm usually on 3G most of the time. And I back up to iTunes not iCloud. Mmm

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm usually on 3G most of the time. And I back up to iTunes not iCloud. Mmm

Since you said you already setup the phone as new here is what I would say you could try. Try doing a SIM swap call up your carrier and ask for a new SIM and for them to kill your current SIM and activate the new one. If that doesn't do anything try turning off your data while you're at home it wont affect your phone reception as in calls but unless you have Wifi you wont have internet. When I was in the US and roaming on the AT&T network my battery turned into mush. So you just want to see if poor reception that is making your battery suffer. You can turn it off by going Settings ->General ->Cellular and flip Cellular Data to off. When you're ready to test charge up the phone to full charge and you have to turn it off for a good length of time like 3 or 4 hours. If that doesn't do anything try this

Hook up your iPhone to iTunes
Go through each tab except the Apps and uncheck the sync option and perform a sync
This will remove all the media on your iPhone
Reboot the iPhone
Screenshot your homescreen and all the open folders to remember your apps installed
Then delete any apps that don't require an effort to re-install (passwords, usernames, etc)
Plug the power cable in to charge and then power the phone off and leave it charging for like four hours or so
Then use the phone in that state and see if the battery improves
After a couple hours of use hook it up to iTunes and then go into each tab and set the sync option to put all the media back on the iPhone
Re-install whatever apps you removed
Reboot
*my personal opinion*
I found I had slightly better battery life when I stopped quiting apps through the task switcher. What I do now is kill apps that I only use periodically or that I know use a lot of memory. So for example a FollowFriday Generator which I only use on Friday, Facebook and Mobiel Safari use lots of memory.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems about the same as before the update which makes it through the day with pretty heavy usage. Charge it overnight, usually with like 20%(sometimes less when I go to sleep)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Since you said you already setup the phone as new here is what I would say you could try. Try doing a SIM swap call up your carrier and ask for a new SIM and for them to kill your current SIM and activate the new one. If that doesn't do anything try turning off your data while you're at home it wont affect your phonm reception as in calls but unless you have Wifi you wont have internet. When I was in the US and roaming on the AT&T network my battery turned into mush. So you just want to see if poor reception that is making your battery suffer. You can turn it off by going Settings ->General ->Cellular and flip Cellular Data to off. When you're ready to test charge up the phone to full charge and you have to turn it off for a good length of time like 3 or 4 hours. If that doesn't do anything try this

Hook up your iPhone to iTunes
Go through each tab except the Apps and uncheck the sync option and perform a sync
This will remove all the media on your iPhone
Reboot the iPhone
Screenshot your homescreen and all the open folders to remember your apps installed
Then delete any apps that don't require an effort to re-install (passwords, usernames, etc)
Plug the power cable in to charge and then power the phone off and leave it charging for like four hours or so
Then use the phone in that state and see if the battery improves
After a couple hours of use hook it up to iTunes and then go into each tab and set the sync option to put all the media back on the iPhone
Re-install whatever apps you removed
Reboot
*my personal opinion*
I found I had slightly better battery life when I stopped quiting apps through the task switcher. What I do now is kill apps that I only use periodically or that I know use a lot of memory. So for example a FollowFriday Generator which I only use on Friday, Facebook and Mobiel Safari use lots of memory.

Thank You buddy. I think I'll try this. It seems pretty intense. But i have to see weather this improves my battery

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There's some sleep time in there but when the weekend comes and I'm close to wifi I typically will only need to plug in once in that 48 hr span!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359909545.885330.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been atrocious on 6.1. Absolutely atrocious. I am going to have to wait til this weekend to mess with it I think though. I have literally BARELY touched it, it's been in my purse the whole time, I have sent like two texts since I got to work, and Im in the 70s already. I don't know what's running that it's connecting to that it's somehow got an hour plus "in use".

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have to say that I use my 4S almost exactly as Pink has said here and just upgraded to 6.1 and fully charged. Except for a few tweeks i made when I did the upgrade and then on a full charge, Went to work today and played alot and I was dissapointed how the battery drained through the course of the day.

I came home made a few app changes moving around and such and a few more tweeks. Now i will charge to 100% and use it normal at work tomorrow to see what is does over the coming weeks. I surely hope and am looking for improvement.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with battery life on 6.1 For me, it seems the same as 6.0.1. Most of this usage was wifi which was approx 70% this time, and the rest was 3G
View attachment 26124

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

I also have to add one thing to this about WIFI. Is it just me that when I go on WIFI home or work it seems to me I use more battery than I do on 3G just the opposite as what Pink is getting and what I have heard from others. I don't get it??

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that battery life on 6.1 has improved on standby by a lot over 6.0.2, but the usage has gone down by about an hour. I was getting 9 hours of usage on 6.0.2, but now I only get about 8 hours on 6.1. I will keep monitoring to see if my preliminary impressions are accurate over time.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711