Can't activate iMessage and FaceTime on iOS 6 Beta 4

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Actually this problem has started since Beta 3. I have an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (3G) running on iOS 6 Beta 4.

On my iPhone, I can easily activate FaceTime and iMessage without any problems - but that's using my phone number. Whenever I tried singing in using my Apple ID, I keep getting the 'The user name and password is incorrect.' even though they ARE correct.

Same thing goes on my iPad 2, I tried activating FaceTime and iMessage but it just keeps saying the user name and password is incorrect.

I've done resets, and all other possible solutions I might find but to no avail.

Funny thing is that when I use a different Apple ID, it gets activated.. anybody can help on what the hell is going on? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The passwords generally are case sensative unless you set that up years ago when they were not. And when I say case sensitive, it generally requires one letter to be capital. You are 100% sure you have it right? Because if its activating on another Apple ID, then your is something wrong with your login and password.

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The passwords generally are case sensative unless you set that up years ago when they were not. And when I say case sensitive, it generally requires one letter to be capital. You are 100% sure you have it right? Because if its activating on another Apple ID, then your is something wrong with your login and password.
I'm pretty sure its correct. I mean I've been entering it for a couple of times already and it still says it's incorrect. This is the same login details I use for iTunes and I don't have any troubles logging in or even purchasing. Only happens with iMessage and FaceTime.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my 4S. And I'm dead positive the password that I enter is correct.
Anyone else having this issue?

keepitcomplicated

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just installed iOS 6b4 on my 4S and I have this issue, 100% that I'm entering the correct password. The App Store and iCloud works fine, Messages won't accept my Apple ID.

antonrg

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Emirati Apple ID and Etisalat

Guys,I've been having the same issue since beta 3, however I just installed the GM of iOS6 and now even my etisalat number is not activated with iMessage. I suspect it has something to do with the actual region, as in, UAE is not listed on FaceTime and therefore gets deactivated with the same error of having wrong password or username.

I can confirm that my username and passower are 10000001% correct as my phone is even signed in to icloud and appstore as I attempt this activation.

My UK Apple ID activated with no issues however. I think it's apple doing some dodgy stuff with Emirati Apple IDs and carrier number.

Will be definitely a bummer if with the public release of iOS6 (its in 2 days) we wont get the imessage back.

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys,I've been having the same issue since beta 3, however I just installed the GM of iOS6 and now even my etisalat number is not activated with iMessage. I suspect it has something to do with the actual region, as in, UAE is not listed on FaceTime and therefore gets deactivated with the same error of having wrong password or username.

I can confirm that my username and passower are 10000001% correct as my phone is even signed in to icloud and appstore as I attempt this activation.

My UK Apple ID activated with no issues however. I think it's apple doing some dodgy stuff with Emirati Apple IDs and carrier number.

Will be definitely a bummer if with the public release of iOS6 (its in 2 days) we wont get the imessage back.

You may be right there chief. I'm currently on du right now. Like what you did, I just used my US apple id to activate iMessage (and FaceTime) and just kept my UAE account for app purchases. It kind of solved the problem, but yeah it'll be much better if it just worked.

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well sometimes betas can be highly defective and cause problems like ruining iMessage or other apple apps. They probley warned you that it could harm your iPhone, iPad, or iPod because it is not the real thing. At least the we're supposed to because of legal reasons. So you will have to wait until the actuall iOS 6 comes out so that you can have working software.

-Power To The Players

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well sometimes betas can be highly defective and cause problems like ruining iMessage or other apple apps. They probley warned you that it could harm your iPhone, iPad, or iPod because it is not the real thing. At least the we're supposed to because of legal reasons. So you will have to wait until the actuall iOS 6 comes out so that you can have working software.

-Power To The Players

You also have a point. Also, I am using the GM now (legally I might add) and the same problem persists. Anyways, I managed to get it working by doing that workaround so it technically solves my problem.

nullart

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
imessage activation in UAE

I had the same problem with my iPad/iPhone.

To solve the issue, I went to iTunes, changed the country of my account to UK. Then activated imessage without issues. Then changed the country back to UAE.

Note: if you dont change back the country, you wont receive updates to your apps.

Hope this helps.

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
im on io6 and massages is working sometimes lol but its grayed out for some reason,just wondering if everybody's is like this? even where it says login is greyed out!
thanks

kaye1992

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
having the exact same problem, strange thing with mine is, i had the ipad 2 and i updated it to ios 6 and my facetime and imsg were both working fine, i got the ipad 3 now and i gave the ipad 2 to my dad and he is having the same problem as you are. dont know what to do ive been searching for answers online for like a week now.... getting fed up, apple cant be doing this to us, just wondering if u sorted yours out.... thnx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2