LED flash for alerts not working

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, has anyone noticed that the LED flash feature is not working? I have tried to find threads on this but surprisingly can't find anything. Thanks.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your phone isn't sitting face up, since the LED notification actually uses the camera flash. Also, it isn't enabled by default, so make sure you have it turned on in the accessibility settings.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
When you reboot the phone or turn it off or back on for any reason, the LED alerts get shut off, even though their setting still says "on." You have to go into the settings and turn the alerts off and back on again. :) I'm sure Apple will address this bug soon.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It uses the camera flash on the back of the phone, just like the 4.

I enabled it on my phone, just to show her, and she doesn't like it. She still misses the blinking red l.e.d light on her old BB9000, but not enough to go back to BB. Maybe she'll get lucky when the iPhone5 comes out,lol. :)

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i have tried a bunch of different settings. No LED flash when a call comes in.

What bunch of different settings? You only need to go Settings>General>Accessibility> and turn it on, that's it.

It flashes for ScoreMobile and BeeJive alerts, perhaps for other apps too.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
While I had mine turned on you couldn't actually be in the message/phone/etc app for it to work. But after a quick reset it started working all the time. Turned it off because it became a little weird, people seeing my pants flashing at work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234