Messages in notifications

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have text messages enabled in my notifications but they only come up as a banner, they never make it to my notifications pull down

Anyone...

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's enabled.

Always has been.

I thought ios5 was not gonna be buggy ?

Guess I was wrong. This better not be a flop.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If all else fails, take it to Apple. It doesn't seem like it is a IOS5 bug. I haven't heard this happening to anyone else.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe they only stay in the pull down until you've read them - so if you have opened the message app, it clears the red badge, which also clears them out of the NC. Is that maybe what you are seeing?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Steve this sounds correct

Can anyone confirm ?

Do your recent text messages stay populated in the pull down notifications window ?

My emails do but not my texts, it would be nice if they stayed for quick acess to recent texts... seems simple am I missing something here /..

I also receive 2 emails in my notification pull down when I receive a email, in the mail app it only populates one email as it should.... in the notification pull down it populates 2 copies of the email, it also gives me 2 banner notifictions for each email... very annoying

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Steve this sounds correct

Can anyone confirm ?

Do your recent text messages stay populated in the pull down notifications window ?

My emails do but not my texts, it would be nice if they stayed for quick acess to recent texts... seems simple am I missing something here /..

I also receive 2 emails in my notification pull down when I receive a email, in the mail app it only populates one email as it should.... in the notification pull down it populates 2 copies of the email, it also gives me 2 banner notifictions for each email... very annoying

No, recent texts don't stay in the Notification Center. It's a notification center, for new notifications. Not for recent history.

As for duplicate things appearing, try a fresh reinstall of the OS. I was having that issue with twitter and that fixed it.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I do a reinstall ??

I dont want to lose pics or data ..

never had to do this before but I will try anything

could it be email account related

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
By "reinstall," the poster means to "restore" through iTunes. You will not lose any settings, data, or informations as long as you back up your phone first and then "restore from backup"

Last edited:

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Im confused ... if I do a back up and then do a restore wont that just install the same problematic issues Im having.

Can some one give me a step by step, I dont want to lose my settings but want to fix this annoying problem.

Thanks

cotton

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same duplication issue. Very annoying but I haven't done the restore process yet because of the amount of time it takes. Hopefully someone finds an easier fix :)

cotton

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have tried the backup and restore thing and it did not help. I'm still getting duplicate notifications :(
Anyone have any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2